Transporting a Chameleon

tignish99

I am wondering what is the best way to transport our Veiled Cham. There will be times we will need to transport her for vet visits or other reasons. Obviously it is not practical to transport her in her 3 x 4 foot enclosure. Does someone have any ideas on how to set up a chameleon version of a comfortable animal travel crate?

Thank you

I have seen a couple posts on here of people using the pop up laundry baskets as carriers. You can easily attach vines and foliage for security and they are cheap. Useful for going to the vet, etc.

When I take my cham to the vet I use a shoe box with a small towel in the bottom and a branch threaded though two holes in the box. Sounds bad, but actually the dark calms them down.

I may get some heat for this, but I let my veiled sit on my rear view mirror. Once he even held on to the steering wheel the whole time, had to turn the wheel slow but he didn't mind going upside down. He is always bright green every time we go for a ride.

We got him his learners permit!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379306611453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379306611453.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 110
I've used a shoebox with paper towels on it. I've even used just a paper bag (when I brought a new baby home once).

rpgamer97 I have one of my chams free roam in a car ride once, she seemed okay during the ride, nice & bright also. I'd just watch because as he gets older he might not like the free-car ride :p

Recently I've found those fabric mesh/screen butterfly cages and have added sticks/greens and before leaving the house cover the cage so the chameleon can have a calm ride in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom