Transportation

Jbennaim

This is my last year of high school and I’ve been thinking about college options in state to go to. My top picks are 2+ hours from my house and I’m not gonna leave my veiled at home. I was just wondering how to go about the transportation with as little stress as possible.

Here’s a pic of skooter (I’m aware of the coloration he got mad at me that I put my hand over his head on accident before this picture)

Your just going to need a box with a stick hooked into the bottom of it up about 2-3 inches so he can grab on. I put a hand dowel below that. I do add a few small air holes. put him in and tape up the box. Make sure the tape does not cover the holes. Then make sure the box does not get hot or too cold. Pack everything up and leave. Where ever your going make sure he will be in your room away from stress and the excitement of college life. lol

He will just go to sleep in the box. So you do not have to worry about him being overly stressed. :) You would do the same if you need to take him to the vet.

Question for you. Are you going to live on campus in the dorm and have roommates? The reason I'm asking. My freshman year a guy on my floor had a pet anole and emperor scorpion. His roommate friends, random people in the building would put stuff in their enclosures and poke them while he wasn't around.

Needless to say, neither survived the few months until Christmas break when he was planning on taking them back home.

I had a Senegal in college and would haul him back and forth between home and college every summer. It was a 9 hour drive and he (Louis the Leg) always did just fine. I built his cage so that I could break it down into a 2'x4'x1' crate that I put in the bed of my pickup truck. I had a large-ish rubbermaid that I modified by cutting the plastic out of the majority of the top and replacing it with fiberglass window screen (I attached it with caulk). I lined the bottom of the "travel box" with a soft towel and had a few sticks and leaves that I had glued into the rubbermaid to give him a few places to climb and hangout. I would usually wrap the outside with a sheet or an old towel, leaving the top open so he could get good air flow through his screen.

The stop and go in town used to seem to annoy him a little but I figured it was like being in the swinging branches of a tree on a windy day. Once we were on the interstate, he hung out in his "travel box" like it was no big deal. The whole ordeal didn't seem to ever overly stress him out but I only did it twice a year and kept a close eye on him throughout the trip. I would be concerned if you planned to haul Skooter back and forth every weekend; that could be too much excitement for him but traveling once in a while, he should be just fine.

Question for you. Are you going to live on campus in the dorm and have roommates? The reason I'm asking. My freshman year a guy on my floor had a pet anole and emperor scorpion. His roommate friends, random people in the building would put stuff in their enclosures and poke them while he wasn't around.

Needless to say, neither survived the few months until Christmas break when he was planning on taking them back home.
No I’m getting my own apartment my father doesn’t want me to dorm and I wouldn’t like it either I’m more of a keep it to yourself kind of guy I like my personal space

No I’m getting my own apartment my father doesn’t want me to dorm and I wouldn’t like it either I’m more of a keep it to yourself kind of guy I like my personal space
Then a chameleon was the right choice for you. As they do as well. I bought my Ambilobe Panther Chameleon in Fort Collins, CO and transported him in a large shoebox with a stick 3hrs back home. As long as it's dark they will sleep through it easing the stress for you and most importantly your chameleon

Oh my bad, 9 times out of 10 that is the response given sorry to all who got hurt my my response. I'm working on my troll. Uncontrollable at times.

Oh my bad, 9 times out of 10 that is the response given sorry to all who got hurt my my response. I'm working on my troll. Uncontrollable at times.
It is not good to give out information when it is not accurate. This causes issues for the OP and undue stress. Maybe next time read through before posting to ensure your giving the correct advice.

Back
Top Bottom