Transportation question.

AllitaMay

I may be up for a job opening in Toronto, Ontario within the next 2 years(not much of an idea when). I'm currently on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia.

What would be the best way to transport my Veiled Cham with us?

Its going to be roughly a 2 day drive, possibly 3 depending on road condition, sleep and possible quick visits to friends and family we haven't seen in a while.

We'll be going by truck.

I just moved to the Chicago area with my Jacksons chameleon. I put him in a small cage, put him in the back seat and secured the cage so that it wouldn't move around. I covered him with a jacket so it would be dark for him. He slept most of the way (3 day trip) and when I got him to the hotel, he was fine. He's been eating and drinking just like nothing happened. :)

i suggest the same thing.
Small cage, a few plants.
Make sure the car stays warm inside.
water him every few hours.

No uvb for 3 days wont hurt him.

and then when you get to whre you are going, just do some showers to hydrate. and lots of yummy food!

you can do as said above now ive never done this for a cham but ive done it for fish i bought a 12v power inverted for my car it plugs into the cigarette lighter and it makes it so you can plug your regular household plug into it depending on the size and if you really want to you can plug in your uva ubv lights and he will feel right at home

you can do as said above now ive never done this for a cham but ive done it for fish i bought a 12v power inverted for my car it plugs into the cigarette lighter and it makes it so you can plug your regular household plug into it depending on the size and if you really want to you can plug in your uva ubv lights and he will feel right at home

Its best to keep them asleep. They will pretty much pass straight out if they are put into the dark. I drove mine from TX to NC not long ago. I would wake them up for sun/showers when it was convienient, but they slept mostly. Cars can be very rough on them. The small vibrations on a smooth road shake the poor things all over the place! Its best to suspend them in a dark box with somthing to hold onto. I strung lots of rope through a small box, put some fresh shefflera bits in, put cham in, and covered with dark cloth.

Back
Top Bottom