transparent panthers?

glaceauz

we've all seen our fair share of translucent veileds, and they're adorable. but does anyone know if it's possible for panthers (or any other species) to have the translucent gene? seems like an ambilobe would look beautiful as a trans

I think you are thinking of translucent, and it is definitely possible for a panther to have the gene, but it hasn't been found yet to my knowledge.

Well, it is a genetic "defect", so eventually it may show up in a panther bloodline possibly if it was inbred enough. I know it's a matter of preference, but a cham with less color or patches of no color wouldn't float my boat.

Well, it is a genetic "defect", so eventually it may show up in a panther bloodline possibly if it was inbred enough. I know it's a matter of preference, but a cham with less color or patches of no color wouldn't float my boat.

Remember that the mutation in veiled chameleons was discovered occurring naturally in wild caught specimens.

-Brad

How do you feel about pie bald ball pythons? Because they are highly sought after in the ball python industry.

How do you feel about pie bald ball pythons? Because they are highly sought after in the ball python industry.

Which was also discovered occuring naturally in wild caught specimens. It may just be a matter of time. I'm not a fan myself.

Not too keen on them either. One of many reasons I like ball pythons is the wonderful coloration and pattern. Piebalds look as if their skin didn't form completely or that a severe genetic bottleneck is expressing itself. Patternless boids are boring.

Back
Top Bottom