translucent veiled chameleon growth?

she must be a female then? that’s okay with me :) i was just told she was a male so that’s what i was thinking. and yes, i was told she is only a small part translucent because it is just on her feet. and in the picture, it is a fake plant, i want just trying to get a picture showing off her colors. but thank you :)
This would be a good resource for you to start reading through. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

With a female you have to be more cautious with feeding amounts... Food and temperature at basking directly impact the size of the clutch they will lay. They lay infertile eggs like chickens do.

As she matures you will have to start cutting back her food. By about 6 months she should be getting about 5-8 small feeders each day. At about 7 months you want to slowly reduce by cutting down feeder amounts so that she is on a feeding schedule of 3 days a week with 3 feeders. You want them to be on this schedule by the time they are 9-10 months old.

You will not ever want basking to be over 78-80 for her. Very important for females because as she ages she needs this temp no higher at basking to help control the amount of eggs she produces.

A lay bin should be added as a permanent fixture by the time they are 6 months old so they get used to it and it does not cause stress.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/

For veileds, you want a daytime humidity level between 30-50%, but preferably on the lower end of that. At night, if there is enough airflow, and if it's at or colder than 65*F, you can get it up to 100% with a cool-mist fogger (as long as it is cleaned thoroughly at least once a week). If you want to fill out the ask for help form to make sure the rest of your husbandry 100%, please do (and let us know if you need the form)! Make sure to fill it out in as much detail as possible, including pics of her full cage and lights, too. Do you have a lay bin for her yet?

For veileds, you want a daytime humidity level between 30-50%, but preferably on the lower end of that. At night, if there is enough airflow, and if it's at or colder than 65*F, you can get it up to 100% with a cool-mist fogger (as long as it is cleaned thoroughly at least once a week). If you want to fill out the ask for help form to make sure the rest of your husbandry 100%, please do (and let us know if you need the form)! Make sure to fill it out in as much detail as possible, including pics of her full cage and lights, too. Do you have a lay bin for her yet?
thank you for the information. i do not have a lay bin yet, since i just found out she is a she.

Attachments

• 42F4F72A-AE9E-4D6D-AD10-82D1097BF5BE.jpeg
    42F4F72A-AE9E-4D6D-AD10-82D1097BF5BE.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 75
  • chameleon-food.jpg
    chameleon-food.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 82
  • chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 86
  • 98E70BB5-21F9-4E64-B1A3-7C8287BAE040.jpeg
    98E70BB5-21F9-4E64-B1A3-7C8287BAE040.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 81
  • AA3AB99C-5E76-42EB-9A16-FB39CFEA51AD.jpeg
    AA3AB99C-5E76-42EB-9A16-FB39CFEA51AD.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 91
Sorry, here’s the form:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

thank you so much for all of the information!! do you place the lay bin in her terrarium, or do you place her there when she is about to lay? if it is in her terrarium, how would she know to lay them there?

Back
Top Bottom