translucent veiled chameleon growth?

733DAA74-F252-46CF-B174-19F36E654D05.jpeg
2C4EF928-16BF-48D6-A25B-578D0DEE8E86.jpeg
463E23FB-E793-4287-B685-F335DC50A400.jpeg

here are the photos: they didn’t seem to post

He looks awesome to me! A solid way to tell if it’s a male for vailed chams is if they have a spur on their back feet!

He looks awesome to me! A solid way to tell if it’s a male for vailed chams is if they have a spur on their back feet!
thank you! he doesn’t seem to have any spurs? i was thinking maybe he was too small yo be able to tell, but i could be wrong. what do you think?

My 2.5 month translucent veiled has very obvious spurs, and is only 4-5 inches long, I'd say your cham is more like 6 months and likely a girl if you cant see them.

I hate to tell you but based on casque size and age without seeing the back feet I am about 98% sure you have a female not a male. You should see spurs like these on the back feet. If it is smooth there instead you have a girl. And she is a very low translucent female. Only having a bit of it on her feet. She does look healthy though. Note if that is Eucalyptus in the picture with her you want to keep that far away from her. It is toxic.

Attachments

• Tarsal spur1.jpg
    Tarsal spur1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 82
  • tarsal Spur2.jpg
    tarsal Spur2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 78
Where did you get her from? She doesnt really look like a translucent, I hope you didn't pay extra for a scam.
in my home town there was a small reptile convention, i bought my cham from there. they didn’t cost anymore than a normal veiled, and i was told mine was only a little part translucent since you can just see it on their feet.

I hate to tell you but based on casque size and age without seeing the back feet I am about 98% sure you have a female not a male. You should see spurs like these on the back feet. If it is smooth there instead you have a girl. And she is a very low translucent female. Only having a bit of it on her feet. She does look healthy though. Note if that is Eucalyptus in the picture with her you want to keep that far away from her. It is toxic.
she must be a female then? that’s okay with me :) i was just told she was a male so that’s what i was thinking. and yes, i was told she is only a small part translucent because it is just on her feet. and in the picture, it is a fake plant, i want just trying to get a picture showing off her colors. but thank you :)

Her eyes also look a tidily bit sunk in, is that from stress of handling or not enough hydration, or both?
yeah, i’ve realized that too? i have a dripper that she drinks from, and i mist her terrarium appropriately. so i’m not sure if it’s still a lack of water, or from handing. when i go to handle her, i will only pick her up if she walks onto my hand, otherwise i will leave her alone because i don’t want to cause stress.

Back
Top Bottom