Translucent Love PG-13

Well, I'm sure some of you knew it was going to happen....
I spent the afternoon letting my new male and female translucent get to know eachother.
Chester, the male, is a little dehydrated from the trip from Tennessee to Central Florida.
It's almost like I can't give him enough water.
I misted him 2 times today for over 15 minutes.
I usually only mist my female once a day for 1 minute.
Now I'm starting to ramble.:rolleyes:

I held Chester outside of Girl's cage for a couple of minutes and both seemed ready to mate.
Chester rolled his tail up and flattened his body while Girl got beautiful blue spots all over her body.
So, I figured we were good to go.
Ha!
When I put Chester in the cage with Girl she came over and shot him with her tongue then bit him!:eek:
I took him out of the cage and went to grab some lunch.
After that I figured I would try one more time.
I took the visual barrier between the cages out, and let them take a good long look at eachother.
After about 5 minutes Chester was all puffed up swaying side to side on a branch and girl was laying down on a vine.

Breeding003.jpg

I introduced Chester to Girl's cage one last time, and it didnt take long for the romance to begin.

Chester puffed up:
Breeding028.jpg

Money shot!
Breeding015.jpg

Breeding022.jpg

Great pictures! Their colors are so contrasting in the photos. I wish you luck with them and hope you get some fertile translucent eggs!

Thanks!
I wish the wait wasnt so long.
I really can't wait to see how many highs and lows come out of this clutch.
Yes, he is that red and orange.
Breeding034.jpg

025.jpg

Good for you Justin! Now you can join the rest of us in the excrutiating incubation process!

Very nice photos and those are 2 beautiful veileds. AFH is right about the excrutiating incubation process hahaha. I should have my first clutch of panther babies soon I hope. I keep telling myself any day any day they will start shrinking then sweating ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Come on guys, dont make me think about that.
I'm going to be looking forward to this for a long, long, way too long of a time.
I'm actually just about equally excited to be the second or third person to breed morphs on the forum.
Hopefully I wont get ridiculed by some of the other members on the forum.
Anyways, I will keep you guys posted on her laying.
Once I figure out Chester, and what fires him up I will post some pictures as his colors come in over the next couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom