toddmkeller

Avid Member
This is my female captive born hoehnelii from Chris Anderson:

3994174268_bfe8866398_b.jpg

She's a pistol!

See ya,

Todd

Hi,

Nice picture, the only thing I wonder is why she is so dark round her eyes. Is this due to the picture? This looksa little strange.

They really stay beautiful animals.

With my last 2 litters I only had 2 males and 16 females. I hope my next litter will have males again so I can keep some.

Steven,

My adults all have blue/purple eye turrets. The other clutch mates I have still are also showing this darkening of the eye turret starting at the base. I suspect it is just a color development thing.

Chris

Humph, my female just gives me the 'stink' eye. :rolleyes:

Acutally she is a pretty teal color and I should get some photos this weekend of her. Typical pose I see " kneel before me peon!"

Chris when is the next batch!

Chris when is the next batch!

My other female is quite fat and I'm expecting her to have a clutch any time. This female has never been interested in the males since I got her so I had suspected she had bred before I got her (either at the exporter's or importer's facility where they are kept in groups). I got her around the 22nd of May and with a 5 month gestation period, that would put her very close!

Chris

Very nice Todd. Man you are getting one heck of a collection together. I would love to have this species. Hopefully with any luck finances will allow it next time Chris has some.

Steven,

My adults all have blue/purple eye turrets. The other clutch mates I have still are also showing this darkening of the eye turret starting at the base. I suspect it is just a color development thing.

Chris

Interesting, I have had a lot of baby's of the Kenia hoehnelii's. But I never saw this eye coloration. Can you keep us posted about their growith I'm curious how their colors develop.

Interesting, I have had a lot of baby's of the Kenia hoehnelii's. But I never saw this eye coloration. Can you keep us posted about their growith I'm curious how their colors develop.

I will most definitely keep everyone updated on my specimen. I have never worked with this species before so the eye color to me is not out of the ordinary, however she is generally more of a teal color. I liked the photo above because of the pinkish accents.

See ya,

Todd

Back
Top Bottom