Tr. cristatus has a black leg

trioceros

Hi,

i ve got a problem with my 6 month old CB cristatus baby.

since yesterday she has ablack leg, and i dont know why. is it why we have so warm temperatures at the moment ?

i m a little bit afraid!

has anyone an idea?

Hi Patrick,
Sorry to here about your little girls leg, could she have bruised it in some way, is she still using it at all? We are having extremely hot weather here in the UK as well havnt encountered any problems like this thou. I do hope she is ok, Heatherxxx

Not sure if this is or could be the same thing, but a couple of years ago, a 6 month old nosey be female of mine all of a sudden was black from her hips down and she was having a hard time using her back limbs. I immediately took her in to the vet and he did a scan on her, which showed a large mass in the abdomen area so we both assumed it was some sort of blockage. I gave her lactulose for a while per the vet and even though she was drinking lots and eating, she was pooping but everything seemed normal. She passed away within 2 weeks and at the necropsy, the vet discovered she had over-active ovaries, which were producing eggs and a big mass of yolk sacks which was what was showing up as a big mass on the scan.

If yours is a female, it is a possibility, however if your little girl has full mobility of her limbs, then perhaps it is just a bruise.

Back
Top Bottom