Toxic worm/catapiller?????

leolover

Well I went to the pet store and bought about 300 crickets. I placed them in the tank and I was feeding them one day when i saw a couple of these black little catapillers. They are very small... about the length of the small crickets. There was about 3 of them. I tried to get them out but I missed one. I went to feed my chameleon today and I accidentally got one of those catapiller worms in the cup. I left the cup out of the cage to wait for my hubby to get home to take the worm out for me. Well we had some miscommunication about the worm in the cup and he dumped the worm into the cage with the crickets. I looked for the worm and I couldnt find it anywhere... what happens if my chameleon eats this??

is it black and fuzzy?
i think i know what you are talking about.
as far as i know, your cham will b fine.
but, i'm guessing that it might taste horrible for him though.

if you manage to find them, take them out anyway.

That is it exactly.... so is it good or bad.. some posters from that thread say they are a sign of dirty cricket bins and others said that they are cleaner bugs... do you know? Im out in the middle of the desert and there are only 2 pet stores out here and they both get their insects from the same supplier. I dont want to particularly pay for them to be shipped to me. Am I ok to continue to get my crickets from them??

I get little black beetles with my crickets. I have also seen that kind of bug before. I just remove them. I throw them into the catch bucket for my drainage system.

i got one in my cricket order once in a while.
I don't think it matters.
just throw them away.

Back
Top Bottom