Total length of a veiled

I don't think I have ever seen a two foot Veild before. Even 18 inches with the tail would be quite large.

Yea after posting I thought the same thing. That would be one big a.. Cham. Next time I'll try to letting my mind catch up with my fingers. I guess a better question would have been at what age are they full grown.

Veileds can continue to grow until they are 2 years old.

My adult male actually doubled in size his second year.

im wondering when my veiled will get bigger. I just got him rep-cal and im trying to do a better job of gutloading his feeders but Im always at work never at home... sigh.

Yea after posting I thought the same thing. That would be one big a.. Cham. Next time I'll try to letting my mind catch up with my fingers. I guess a better question would have been at what age are they full grown.

That was not a bad question at all and the Care Sheet does state them to get that big. I just don't think I have seen one yet though!

I was told my guy was 6 months when I bought him. I've had him 4 months and he's already about 13-14". I was wondering how much more to expect.But I guess as large to expect would be maybe 20"?

Veiled vs. Parsons

You want to see a big cham?

Please see attached.

I've also never seen a 3 foot Veiled but some are very stout and give the impression of being larger than they are. Compos MENTOS evolution and nature.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 122
Ive caught them in the wild up to 22"

This one was 21" and missing the end of his tail. WC in Florida a couple of months ago. We also found 15 hatchlings in the bushes close by which was cool for obvious reasons but also bc it was January and in the 50's at night. You rarely find hatchlings in the winter. Thee was also a nice big female just a few bushes over from the male and the hatchlings.
F0430366-7A59-4ECC-9933-4C5277BCC388.JPG

Wow! I am not saying that they don't exist, just that I have not seen one close to a foot on here as of yet.

I've had some pretty big ones.

Not even a foot? That's pretty small. Maybe you are talking about feral wild individuals and not terrarium bred- I've never been so lucky as to see one in the wild, but have purchased really big wild caught males over 20".

I don't think many veileds kept with basking spots in the low to mid 80s and ambient temps in the low 70s fed a carefully rationed amount of food are going to to ever reach the lengths of their huge wild caught relatives who eat everything they can catch, live with ambient temps in the 80s or even 90s+ and basking temps in the upper 90s +, etc. It takes heat and food to build a big one.

Back
Top Bottom