Top of the enclosure layout?

Vimes1984

OK I have a xl Reptibreeze screen enclosure, and the top and wiring is a sodding mess...
None of the lighting, fogging or misting cables are long enough to reach the floor, the top of the enclosure has:
  • a mister piped in
  • 1 fogger piped in
    • this is currently rested on a piece of furniture to the left of the enclosure
  • 2 kasa smart plug strips
  • 1 terrariumPI
  • 1 arcadia uvb bulb and strip
  • 1 heat lamp
  • currently missing but I'll end up with a white light aswell...
How does everyone keep the piping and the lighting tidy??? it just looks like a jumbled mess at the moment...

I use zip ties... My mistking tubing is attached to the back of my enclosure with the clips they sell for it. I had to use an extension cord for my heat lamp. My other lighting cords are long enough. For the fogger. Switch out the hose if it is a collapsible one. Get PVC pipe to run to the top and elbow over to the top back of the enclosure with another elbow directing it down. Might need to fit different pieces together to get it to hook to the machine.

My outlet is in the ceiling so i just wire tied everything. You would think they would have longer wires and tubes for enclosures 😞

Last edited:
I use zip ties... My mistking tubing is attached to the back of my enclosure with the clips they sell for it. I had to use an extension cord for my heat lamp. My other lighting cords are long enough. For the fogger. Switch out the hose if it is a collapsible one. Get PVC pipe to run to the top and elbow over to the top back of the enclosure with another elbow directing it down. Might need to fit different pieces together to get it to hook to the machine.
uuu swapping the fogger tubing will work! to tidy a bit of it up...
Here's my current setup at least:

Attachments

• PXL_20220711_202658436.jpg
    PXL_20220711_202658436.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 60
  • PXL_20220711_202644842.jpg
    PXL_20220711_202644842.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 57
  • PXL_20220711_202635710.jpg
    PXL_20220711_202635710.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 51
Ok I've been nattering with a friend about this... Is there a nice DIY enclosure build I can follow to build out and just custom build an enclosure?

I totally agree with @ERKleRose. You want to get those power cords off the cage and away from moisture. Can you post a few pics of the cage with the lights on so I can see your layout inside? You want to make sure the basking area in the top is clear so they can easily bask for heat and UVB.

I converted a TV cabinet. It has two sides and is divided. One side houses my mistking and reservoir the other side houses all electrical. Since they do not offer much that works you really just have to look at stuff and make it your own. Some people use cabinets for bathroom sinks too.

Cabinets for bathrooms are only 21 inches so you would need a top that adds 3 inches. Base cabinet for a kitchen is 24 inches deep so you don't need a top on them. So it cheaper for kitchen cabinets. I use kitchen cabinets gives plenty of room to store your drainage and also for storage.

Cabinets for bathrooms are only 21 inches so you would need a top that adds 3 inches. Base cabinet for a kitchen is 24 inches deep so you don't need a top on them. So it cheaper for kitchen cabinets. I use kitchen cabinets gives plenty of room to store your drainage and also for storage.
Yeah my tv stand is only 20 inches in depth. Had to put a piece of wood on the top to get the depth I needed.

If you don't use top it's easier to see leaks. When mist as much as me better to see bottom of cage. Can get an unfinished kitchen base really cheap or even a finished one. I go a bunch of new cabinets for cages. Now just have to move all cages and cabinets. Not looking forward to it. But will look alot better. I get all my cabinets from auction place in wva. Got 27 to redo kitchen and cham room. Also pantry cabinets make great storage for all cords timers and what not

If you don't use top it's easier to see leaks. When mist as much as me better to see bottom of cage. Can get an unfinished kitchen base really cheap or even a finished one. I go a bunch of new cabinets for cages. Now just have to move all cages and cabinets. Not looking forward to it. But will look alot better. I get all my cabinets from auction place in wva. Got 27 to redo kitchen and cham room. Also pantry cabinets make great storage for all cords timers and what not
I have a DS cage with a drip pan. I don't have to worry about leaks. I do not miss those days of cleaning puddles up. lol Your cham room is going to be amazing when you complete it.

I have drains in cages. But wasn't thinking and hooked them altogether to drain in one bucket. Which means I'm dumping bucket every other day. Going to change to one bucket per cage. I tried those drain pans didn't like the look. Also think that where my fungus gnats were coming from. No gnats now and no wiping down bottom of cage or pans.

Back
Top Bottom