Took a walk.

Goldenarcher1328

Took Sweeney for a walk today, he seemed to love it, we went around two blocks and then back home, brilliant blues and greens once we were back in the yard. haha fun day.

That's awesome! I can't wait till it's warm enough here or my chams like me enough to do that.

I really want to take mine on walks but ever since I heard that hawks could just come down and grab them, I'm kinda iffy on it. lol

I really want to take mine on walks but ever since I heard that hawks could just come down and grab them, I'm kinda iffy on it. lol

A hawk isnt really likely to grab him if hes on you, or even if your super close to him, a hawk (unless really daring) probably wouldn't take you on. We used to take our pet bunnies outside and the hawks would sit in the trees and watch them but if we were outside near them they wouldnt come in to get them.

A hawk isnt really likely to grab him if hes on you, or even if your super close to him, a hawk (unless really daring) probably wouldn't take you on. We used to take our pet bunnies outside and the hawks would sit in the trees and watch them but if we were outside near them they wouldnt come in to get them.
Oh really? Well that's super exciting! Cause I've been wanting to take her out cause I always hear how people's chams change wild colors out of excitement from being outside :D

Not always true, carol was within arms reach of her cham Romeo when a hawk tried getting him. He was close enough that carol actually swatted at him to scare him away. I believeba human would not stop many, depends on the hawk size though. JMHO.

Not always true, carol was within arms reach of her cham Romeo when a hawk tried getting him. He was close enough that carol actually swatted at him to scare him away. I believeba human would not stop many, depends on the hawk size though. JMHO.

wow, I had no idea, we have a crap ton of hawks here and You always see them but they have never given us a bother with any of our pets :eek: maybe I shall be even more vigilant.

Yeah. Always be VERY VERY careful when taking them outside. A hawk might not take him on your shoulder, but a few feet away I believe he will.

hawks

ive had several run ins with hawks smashing prey off the ground within 3-5 feet of me and just start feasting was an amazing site to behold but those poor animals didnt stand a chance lol

hawk

hawk pic its very close

Attachments

• 553258_10151434456425319_596525318_23834922_131217462_n.jpg
    553258_10151434456425319_596525318_23834922_131217462_n.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 123
i used to live close enough to my mom i would ride my bike to her house when i was going to stop by. a few years ago one spring if i wasnt paying attention they would bounce off the top of my head. not even making that up, i almost hit a parked car the first time it happened. after that i knew to watch for them. i was probably near their nest or something, but if they feel brave they will do about anything. nothing to do with chams but yeah.

Oh really? Well that's super exciting! Cause I've been wanting to take her out cause I always hear how people's chams change wild colors out of excitement from being outside :D

the first few times, your cham will most likely "shrink" and turn darker colors unless allowed to climb in a tree or shrub to calm down every now and then.

Hawks can and certainly will take food on and around you, i've had larger and smaller birds of prey attempt more daring feats such as taking fish off my line when i'm lifting them out of the water and i've had hawks try to strike me when handling animals.

Yeah. Always be VERY VERY careful when taking them outside. A hawk might not take him on your shoulder, but a few feet away I believe he will.

Totally agreed, however a hawk if really hungry may study you, wait till your unaware and then strike. Please not that it is not only hawks, but all raptors you should be respectful of.

ive had several run ins with hawks smashing prey off the ground within 3-5 feet of me and just start feasting was an amazing site to behold but those poor animals didnt stand a chance lol

It is totally beautiful to behold a hawk taking prey but it is also very sudden.

i used to live close enough to my mom i would ride my bike to her house when i was going to stop by. a few years ago one spring if i wasnt paying attention they would bounce off the top of my head. not even making that up, i almost hit a parked car the first time it happened. after that i knew to watch for them. i was probably near their nest or something, but if they feel brave they will do about anything. nothing to do with chams but yeah.

Were you wearing a helmet? or did you have a shaved head? haha the reason i ask is because i have seen this happen multiple times, they see the reflection of another raptor in their territory and feel no reason not to strike, raptors can become very territorial.

Overall, just stay vigilant and keep an eye on your surroundings. :D

I took her out today, and she did exactly what you said, she turned a really dark green and didn't seem too happy, so I just brought her back in. No run-ins with birds thankfully though. :)

Back
Top Bottom