Too tiny...

I have to wonder if those hatched prematurely or were runts. There is a percentage in most every clutch that just aren't sturdy. Those should never be sold. A one hour warranty isn't really any different than live arrival. I wish ya the best, sounds like you are doing the right things...

You have them alive that is positive. I kept my babies in an aquarium until they were 6 weeks old. With yours as small as they are you might want them in the aquarium even longer. As long as they eat and drink they have a chance. Best of luck. let us know how they are doing.

I would drop that basking bulb down to a 25 watt if your keeping them in a glass tank. They dont need much heat at that size and they can dehydrate very quickly with so little body mass. At that size your going to need alot of Fruit flies. I would start with the fruit flies for a few days get them eatting and then switch them over to pin heads. Ive found i can usually get my neonates eatting ff's before they eat the pins. Jmpo...

A one hour guarantee? That's not a guarantee! What does that tell you about the breeders business ethics. I would definately make a post on the BOI about this person. It's unacceptable that someone would sell you those poor little things in their condition and expect to just get away with it. A little thin is one thing, but skin and bones is quite another. I agree that they might even deserve a visit from animal services to check out their breeding operation, because it scares me to think what the other animals they have look like.

Best of luck raising them, I really really hope they do ok.

Guess who is eating/drinking.....

Guess who is eating the crud out of the fruit flies? Yep the babies that wouldn't eat yesterday. I think we lost one of the 5 but he was a fighter....he was the smallest of them all but just doesn't have the energy to fight anymore....:eek:( However his brothers and sisters are eating and drinking very well......THANK YOU EVERYONE......Couple more days and I will send more pics after they stabilize a little more.

:)

So sorry to hear about that one that passed. Hopefully you can talk to the seller about it. I hope the rest continue to do well. My prayers are with you and these chameleons. Good luck!

Surpise...

Wow, do veiled play possum?
I haven't read anything about that but I swore the littlest one passed away last night. I was bumming and kept checking on him hoping he would just get up and eat but no such luck......THEN SURPRISE. :D
I went around and locked up the house, let the dogs out then went back into check on him and there he was up and walking around! WOW What the heck....I am still in awe this morning. :eek: I let him take a shower with me (on the plant while I steamed the bathroom) and then put him back in the cage then he opened his eyes and ate one fruit fly and drank water......I cannot believe my eyes, I swore he was gone last night especially becasue he just laid there on his side and didn't move.......amazing. Told you he was a fighter......:)

I would leave him for now. But once he stabilizes a bit, if he makes it pas t today. I would set him up alone in his own enclosure so that he wont have to compete for food and basking spots. I would def lower his basking light to 25 watt and keep it that way for a few weeks til he grows and sheds a cpl of times.

Update

UDATE: Well everyone we have been pretty busy with the babies. Sad news is we lost 2 of the 5 :(, however, the 3 that did make it are doing GREAT! :D They are active, healthy and eating like little piglets.... They love their fruit flies and the do eat really small crickets. I will try to post a couple pics. today so you all can see their progress. They are so comical....:)

Attachments

• Oct1-2010 005.jpg
    Oct1-2010 005.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Oct1-2010 007.jpg
    Oct1-2010 007.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 113
I am sorry you lost 2 of the babies but you have did a wonderful job to have the 3 still alive.:):) You are on a roll, just stay with it.

Back
Top Bottom