Too many pothos?

IramBa

Hi everyone, I have a male panther chameleon that’s about 13 months old and this might be a stupid question but I’ve got 2 big pothos that are on dragon ledges at the top right and bottom left parts of his enclosure. I also have two smaller ones in the top left and at the back in the middle. Is this too many pothos? Does he actually need other types of plants? I have an umbrella plant that’s on the ground but all 4 of his hanging plants are pothos now…

You can add other chameleon safe plants and remove some pothos but it is not needed. The pothos are great in cages you can wrap the vines around the branches so it gives him other pathways. As long as the plants are live and chameleon safe then that is all that matters.

When should I cut some plants back? Some areas are getting a little tight but he manages to move around everywhere still, he’s been basking less recently but it could be because the weather is much hotter here than it has been for a while, I was just worried it was because there was leaves on/around his basking branch now

When should I cut some plants back? Some areas are getting a little tight but he manages to move around everywhere still, he’s been basking less recently but it could be because the weather is much hotter here than it has been for a while, I was just worried it was because there was leaves on/around his basking branch now
Can you show me a picture?

I normally leave the basking level clear of plants at least on one full side so they have access to heat and UVB without obstruction.

83D3A1B8-E0E9-4833-8546-BF3C8ABD9CC2.jpeg

Sorry for the long reply, here’s the whole thing. He’s just about to go to bed. The basking bulb comes from the back left area

This is my girl's favorite enclosure (I built her a new one, much larger but she keeps going back in this one so I just leave her be lol)
Believe it or not, there are only 2 pothos and a sapling avocado tree in there. I think the biggest reason she prefers being in there is because no one can find her 😂
We play "find the Spazzy butt" every day. She can see us but she's so well hidden, we usually only find her tail curl (she's a 2 year old veiled) ... they love to have tons of foliage to hide in

Attachments

• 20230221_184919.jpg
    20230221_184919.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230429_141438.jpg
    20230429_141438.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom