Too little to be gravid

She is beautiful. How old is she? I have a 7 month old veiled that is close to laying - I was also surprised at the early age at which she developed her first clutch.

She is only 5 months and 17 grams. I know carpets are ok to lay eggs at that age. They are often bred at that age, but she seems so small, and I love her. This could be so nerve racking.:(

Laurie,

If it puts your heart at ease, my Female Meru is gravid and only weighs 18g, so I know your feeling. That being said, she looks great, so rest easy!!

Laurie,

If it puts your heart at ease, my Female Meru is gravid and only weighs 18g, so I know your feeling. That being said, she looks great, so rest easy!!

Thanks Bobby, I am just so protective of my chams. Laying eggs is always something I just want done so we can move on.

If I were you facing a live birth I would pull all my hair out. But on the other hand, I would love to see a live birth. Guess I just want it all.:) Where are the pictures of your Meru? I need pictures.

Hi Laurie:

Your girl is beautiful. If she is gravid, she's in good hands, that's for sure. I'm sure she will be fine, but I certainly understand where you're coming from. The sooner its over, the better. Good luck with her!

I love the colors on the gravid females and yet i believe she is gravid. These guys mature so quickly but she looks healthy and strong. Ruth

She is very pretty, laurie. What kind of mom are you just letting your kids get prego at such a young age? :p

Back
Top Bottom