Too Large Worms Fed

marooned

I fed my baby Cham "medium" sized Super Worms from PetCo the other day. I realized it may have been too large for her. She ate one just fine it seemed, but I wanted to know if I should be concerned at all and if I should not feed her anymore of this size and go to the small size. My profile pic is her current size.

I fed my baby Cham "medium" sized Super Worms from PetCo the other day. I realized it may have been too large for her. She ate one just fine it seemed, but I wanted to know if I should be concerned at all and if I should not feed her anymore of this size and go to the small size. My profile pic is her current size.
Never hurts to go smaller. Please fill out that form in your other thread that Remcon asked you for, you will get much better feedback.

His eyes look sunken which shows severe dehydration, what colour is his poop?

If you fill out the 'how to ask for help' form that would provide everyone with sufficient information to give you the right advice.

Also, my chameleon is about the roughly about the same size as yours maybe smaller and looks a lot less bony. I am currently feeding mine about 20-25 fruit flies and 10-15 micro silent crickets a day. This gives him a constant supply of food until he stops eating which is what they need at that age.

Just to give you an idea so you can compare with how much you may be feeding yours. I would also post a few more pictures of him if you can so we have a good idea of how he looks.

Also, with regards to size I would stick to fruit flies, micro size bugs and small. The feeders shouldn't be bigger than the width of his head.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled Cham, female, age I think 3-6months. I've only had her for 4 days.
  • Handling - I take her out 1-3 times a day and let her walk around and play on plants (which I know are cham friendly).
  • Feeding - I;ve been gutloading. However, shes only eating 6-7 crickets on Saturday. Sunday she ate a super worm, which I think was too big. I left worms and crickets in her cage since but she has not eaten any. I tried giving her carrots and grapes with no luck.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - She drank a decent amount of water off of leaves on Saturday and I haven't seen her drink since. I spray her viv at least 3-4 times a day and make sure that the leaves in her cage have drops on them.
  • Fecal Description - Her poops are firm and I would say half brown half white. She hasn't been tested for anything.
  • History - I have no previous info. I got her from a local pet store and from what the guy told me about care I think he may have not been caring for his Chams correctly.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen rectangle cage. Roughly 14 x 14".
  • Lighting - She has lights on all day for atleast 14 hours a day. She has UVB and 120V 6W 60Hz light. Sorry I don't remember the exact brands/types.
  • Temperature - To be honest I have not yet measured the temp. so not sure.
  • Humidity - I don't measure humidity either, but again I spray many times a day.
  • Plants - I have a Pothos and Baby Tears in her cage.
  • Placement - The cage is located near my door so gets a decent amount of traffic when I go in and out. The top of the cage is about 4' from the ground.
  • Location - I am in northern CA, so it's not that warm. Pretty mild temps.

Current Problem - She hasn't been eating the past few days. She looks skinny. I noticed today that she was breathing a little bit funny, but I think it was triggered by stress.

Thanks so much for your input, I really want to take good care of her!

Handeling way too much. Chams are not pets they are a hobby. No more handeling for the next two weeks.

If she ate the superworm it wasn’t too big.

Where are your supplements?

You must measure temp and humidity, not optional, especially for a baby!

Back
Top Bottom