Too hot?

Tylerscham

My chameleon- veiled,male, juvenile not sure exact age.

Handling-I haven’t really held him yet

Feeding- mostly crickets about 5-7
Gutloaded

Supplements- zoo med Repti calcium(without d3)

I dust them every time I feed him

Zoo Med calcium with d3

About once every two weeks

Watering- dripper is always on, I mist him three times a day, morning evening and night.

Fecal description- white, not been tested

History- i got him 3 days ago from petsmart

Cage

Screen

16X16X30

Lighting- Zoo Med reptisum 10.0 uvb

100W reptile bulb

8:30 AM-8:30 PM

Temperature

Basking- 80 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit

Bottom of cage- 75 Fahrenheit

Humidity- the meter I use always stays at 70

Plants- no living ones

Placement- near my bed, I use a fan at night but I cover up his cage with a sheet everying night to block the light

Location- Southeast of North America

Question- Is it normal for him to just sit with his mouth open, I noticed him doing it a few times yesterday. He will do it for a minute or so then close it, not sure if it’s a bad thing

your basking should be around 80-70 not 90, hes opening his mouth to temperature regulate, hes too hot, now if there are popping noises when hes breathing that is cause for concern but if not he is just trying to cool down

your basking should be around 80-70 not 90, hes opening his mouth to temperature regulate, hes too hot, now if there are popping noises when hes breathing that is cause for concern but if not he is just trying to cool down
Okay thank you, I’ll try to move the light farther back or something

We went over your husbandry in your other thread, so if you could link it so no one has to repeat themselves, that’d be great. Could you post a pic of your cham so someone here can help determine age? Age determines temperature

Back
Top Bottom