Too early to be sleeping?

My 6 month old panther is asleep by 5:00 pm every night like clockwork.
I dont know how she knows the exact time LOL, but give or take 5 minutes,
its on the dot. :)
I always thought this was a normal time?

Lights turn on at 8am, and off at 8pm.

My female veiled stays up until the lights turn off, but the male has been going to sleep earlier than usual. I took him to the vet last week because of a bump on his right shoulder. I thought it may have been infection, but the vet said all results came negative. Them bump has decreased significantly in size, but after that vet visit, his time to go to sleep also went back about an hour

(I live in Florida, we had to adjust for daylight savings... maybe he was also affected? I readjusted their timers in order to match the time now)

If he starts going to bed earlier and earlier I'd say it might be weird but it could just be daylight savings or he just needs some sleep, haha. Priscilla always goes to sleep like 1/2 hour or so before the lights go off, as the ambient light gets less (her lights go off around the time it gets black out but by then the room is much darker than during the day)

My sambava goes to sleep at 6 even though the lights go out a 7. He's been doing this since i first got him. I was worried at first, but he is active, eating, and drinking so i figure he's ok

My sambava goes to sleep at 6 even though the lights go out a 7. He's been doing this since i first got him. I was worried at first, but he is active, eating, and drinking so i figure he's ok

Alright, I got worried because, as I said before, he used to sleep later in the evening.. I'll keep a close eye on him for the next few days and see if he sleeps earlier and earlier..

hopefully he's okay.. he does eat, he wanders about his cage, drinks water, and has a very strong grip (i cant hold him cause his nails will literally poke through my skin)

My panther girl is doing the same thing. I dont know if daylight savings messed me or her up more. I thought it was suppose to be the opposite or at least stay the same. Shes gaining an hour of sleep now :rolleyes:

Before this daylight savings she went to sleep as soon as the lights went out and slept right in front. Now she sleeps low in the back in the leaves with the lights on at 6 give or takes 5-10 mins.

Are your chams exposed to natural sunlight through the windows? Maybe that s disrupting the photoperiod. Perhaps its waking up early. My chams find their sleeping spots earlier through the winter & the further we get into spring, the later they stay up.

Back
Top Bottom