Too crowded?

Veronica_hc

Hey all new to chameleons did lots of research first of course but still have constant questions lol. So I'm just curious if my enclosure is too crowded she's able to get around the entire enclosure because the fake vine/branches wraps all around the plants and goes on different heights so idk.

• Your Chameleon - Veiled, female, 3 months? Since october 9th.
  • Handling - I have handled her four times which I realized I shouldn't have because it was forced other than day one.
  • Feeding - small crickets, tried hornworms,mealworms, blue bottle spikes, and black soldier flies and she wont eat them.
  • I put in 10 but most seem to die i would say shes eating maybe four. I feed her twice a day.
  • Gut loading with a mixture of fruits a veggies (carrots, cucumber, sweet potato, blueberries, strawberries, dandelion greens, etc)
  • Supplements -
  • Repti calcium with d3 amd w/o d3 and herpitive
  • D3 once this month without every feeding herpitive once this month
  • Watering -
  • Homemade dripper
  • Misting
  • three times a day
  • Approximately 1 minute
  • I've seen her drink
  • Fecal Description -
  • Colors are brown and white
  • Consistency is a little moist
  • Never been tested for parasites in my care
  • History -
  • Bought her from a local pet store that seemed to be knowledgeable about chameleons, said she was 3 months. Didn't give much info other than that though.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type -
  • Glass exo Terra screen top
  • 12x12x18
  • Lighting -
  • Using a regular 60watt for basking and a zoo med 10.00
  • Schedule is 12 hrs on 12 hrs off. Approx 930am to 930pm
  • Temperature -
  • Basking is approx 80°f ambient approx 73°f
  • Night temp is approx 60°F
  • I measure with a acu-rite thermometer/hygrometer
  • Humidity -
  • About 71% sometimes drops down to 40%
  • The acu-rite temp/hygrometer
  • By misting throughout the day
  • Plants - plants are one pothos, one dracaena another plant the flowers can't remember the name rn, fake vines/branches
  • Placement -
  • Cage is located in my room. Not near any fans or vents. Basement room btw.
  • Top of cage is about 6' off the ground.
  • Location -
  • Salt Lake City, Utah

Current Problem - wondering if there are too many plants in enclosure.

Hey all new to chameleons did lots of research first of course but still have constant questions lol. So I'm just curious if my enclosure is too crowded she's able to get around the entire enclosure because the fake vine/branches wraps all around the plants and goes on different heights so idk.

• Your Chameleon - Veiled, female, 3 months? Since october 9th.
  • Handling - I have handled her four times which I realized I shouldn't have because it was forced other than day one.
  • Feeding - small crickets, tried hornworms,mealworms, blue bottle spikes, and black soldier flies and she wont eat them.
  • I put in 10 but most seem to die i would say shes eating maybe four. I feed her twice a day.
  • Gut loading with a mixture of fruits a veggies (carrots, cucumber, sweet potato, blueberries, strawberries, dandelion greens, etc)
  • Supplements -
  • Repti calcium with d3 amd w/o d3 and herpitive
  • D3 once this month without every feeding herpitive once this month
  • Watering -
  • Homemade dripper
  • Misting
  • three times a day
  • Approximately 1 minute
  • I've seen her drink
  • Fecal Description -
  • Colors are brown and white
  • Consistency is a little moist
  • Never been tested for parasites in my care
  • History -
  • Bought her from a local pet store that seemed to be knowledgeable about chameleons, said she was 3 months. Didn't give much info other than that though.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type -
  • Glass exo Terra screen top
  • 12x12x18
  • Lighting -
  • Using a regular 60watt for basking and a zoo med 10.00
  • Schedule is 12 hrs on 12 hrs off. Approx 930am to 930pm
  • Temperature -
  • Basking is approx 80°f ambient approx 73°f
  • Night temp is approx 60°F
  • I measure with a acu-rite thermometer/hygrometer
  • Humidity -
  • About 71% sometimes drops down to 40%
  • The acu-rite temp/hygrometer
  • By misting throughout the day
  • Plants - plants are one pothos, one dracaena another plant the flowers can't remember the name rn, fake vines/branches
  • Placement -
  • Cage is located in my room. Not near any fans or vents. Basement room btw.
  • Top of cage is about 6' off the ground.
  • Location -
  • Salt Lake City, Utah

Current Problem - wondering if there are too many plants in enclosure.

Attachments

• IMG_20171114_211335.jpg
    IMG_20171114_211335.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20171114_204649.jpg
    IMG_20171114_204649.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 134
It looks good to me. Are the plants all non toxic? (Some of them I don't know.)
Yes the purple one (can't remember name right now) isn't on the FL Safe plant list but it's not on the toxic list either so it took me awhile of sitting in the nursery googling if it was non toxic. Lol. And a while bunch of other plants too. But she doesn't war leaves at all no bitw marks anywhere on the two ivw has in there for awhile. Thanks for the quick reply.

Your chameleon is young and I'm betting that in a few months will nibble on some leaves. It's always possible that insects will too if they are loose in the cage...so that's why it's important.

Do you know that female veileds don't have to mate to produce eggs once sexually mature? Once she is mature you will need a proper set up in her cage for her to dig in.

Your chameleon is young and I'm betting that in a few months will nibble on some leaves. It's always possible that insects will too if they are loose in the cage...so that's why it's important.

Do you know that female veileds don't have to mate to produce eggs once sexually mature? Once she is mature you will need a proper set up in her cage for her to dig in.
Yes I know about the eggs I plan on moving her into a larger enclosure enclosure when she gets a little bigger to set up an egg laying bin for her with play sand.

That's good.
Yes I know about the eggs I plan on moving her into a larger enclosure enclosure when she gets a little bigger to set up an egg laying bin for her with play sand. Also thank you for making sure I know things I appreciate people who want to educate and help.

Back
Top Bottom