Tongue issues

BenjiTheCham

Established Member
Today I was feeding my cham his first wax moth that just finished coming out of its cocoon. I tried to free range it, but he really wasn’t having it. It didn’t move to much, so I had to grab it and hand feed it to him. The first time he tried to get it he missed and his tongue seemed to get kinda stuck for a few seconds. He pulled his head back and I think it injured his tongue. Now he doesn’t shoot his tongue out as far anymore not even half the distance he could before. Is this something permanent?

Today I was feeding my cham his first wax moth that just finished coming out of its cocoon. I tried to free range it, but he really wasn’t having it. It didn’t move to much, so I had to grab it and hand feed it to him. The first time he tried to get it he missed and his tongue seemed to get kinda stuck for a few seconds. He pulled his head back and I think it injured his tongue. Now he doesn’t shoot his tongue out as far anymore not even half the distance he could before. Is this something permanent?
Photos

What should I take a photo of? He doesn’t like being held. Am I going to need to get a photo of the inside of his mouth?
Maybe just the outside of his mouth. Or if you can a photo or video of him eating. You could take a video and then take a screenshot and then put it here.

Maybe just the outside of his mouth. Or if you can a photo or video of him eating. You could take a video and then take a screenshot and then put it here.
Actually, he is fine now. Thank you for helping though. I’m still confused why this was happening and it worried me a lot. His tongue seems perfectly fine now.

He did that probably because he wasn’t sure what is he trying to eat. When I powder my dubias my chams first shoot the tongue just to touch them literally and second shot is to actually eat them.

He did that probably because he wasn’t sure what is he trying to eat. When I powder my dubias my chams first shoot the tongue just to touch them literally and second shot is to actually eat them.
I’m not sure though. After this happened to him he shot his tongue out at his normal distance but didn’t get close to it. After he had to crawl on my hand and the shoot his tongue out, only an inch or too

Just keep an eye on the tongue and if he can't shoot it again let us know. You might also want to tell us about your supplements, etc by answering the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum.

My lady veileds sometimes shoot at my hand and their tongues stick for a second. They then get closer to the food cup and are more delicate about shooting. If I give them a fly right after, they have no problem shooting their tongues fully.

Back
Top Bottom