Tongue-Chameleon

TView attachment 298947His feeder container is a little crude but it’s definitely a lot cheaper than $22
It is a good start. You are going to want to remove all the tape. Tape in cham cages is a no no. Humidity and moisture will make it peel up. Take a lighter to the edge to smooth it down or get fish tank air line tube slice down one side of it to push it on to the plastic. Make sure that the back piece is secured at the bottom as well and that the edges of it are not sharp. If the cham hits a bug on the edge of the sharp piece it could easily cut the tongue. Lighter to the edges of that and cut off the pointy pieces. :)

It is a good start. You are going to want to remove all the tape. Tape in cham cages is a no no. Humidity and moisture will make it peel up. Take a lighter to the edge to smooth it down or get fish tank air line tube slice down one side of it to push it on to the plastic. Make sure that the back piece is secured at the bottom as well and that the edges of it are not sharp. If the cham hits a bug on the edge of the sharp piece it could easily cut the tongue. Lighter to the edges of that and cut off the pointy pieces. :)
I don’t use that in my chameleons tank I use that once every blue moon when he’s in his free range tree

Hi Everyone, I need help please. So its been a couple of days I noticed my chameleon didn't want to eat but i've been checking on him. So yesterday I was trying to feed him a cricket and he didn't want it. So then I offered him a wax worm and he seen it and as soon as he tried taking his tongue, I got scared the worse happened. His whole tongue came out I mean his whole tongue was hanging out his mouth and he moving and struggling to suck it back in. It took him like 1 minute and finally he was able to put it inside of him. None of his tongue was lift out. Please can someone help me or tell me what should I do. This has never happened he has been eating good and he's very healthy. I appreciate any advice.
This is what I use it's just a Tupperware dish with a hole and thumbtacks with rubber pieces on the edge to hold it up

Attachments

• 20200924_143109.jpg
    20200924_143109.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 72
I don’t use that in my chameleons tank I use that once every blue moon when he’s in his free range tree

I don’t like crickets crawling around my apartment
And that is totally fine to use... But it has some dangerous elements for a cham... tape injuries are horrible it can actually rip off the skin. And tongue injuries are very dangerous and can be very expensive to treat with a vet. I just wanted to give you ways to easily and inexpensively modify it for the cham to be safer.

And that is totally fine to use... But it has some dangerous elements for a cham... tape injuries are horrible it can actually rip off the skin. And tongue injuries are very dangerous and can be very expensive to treat with a vet. I just wanted to give you ways to easily and inexpensively modify it for the cham to be safer.
I’m actually going to stop using that and make one of those ones off of that site that was shared on here looks like a piece of green PVC pipe

The guy that I actually would’ve used that for his tongue isn’t working for me right now having problems with his eyes and his tongue one reason I’m on here
The reason I made this thing is because I figured he was having this problem with his tongue maybe it would be easier for him to get crickets but he still didn’t try and get the crickets even though he could let them crawl on his head

The reason I made this thing is because I figured he was having this problem with his tongue maybe it would be easier for him to get crickets but he still didn’t try and get the crickets even though he could let them crawl on his head
Have you made a thread about the tongue issue?

Back
Top Bottom