Toe infection

Hello! I'm a veterinary nurse with 10+ years in a small animal and exotic clinic. I definitely agree with this statement! You can also dilute chlorhexidine and soak the foot until you're able to see an exotic veterinarian :)
Thank you and welcome to the forum. That's what I did the first time this happened and it healed fast I missed it this time around and now have been using iodine, but hes look pretty good atm, still seeing vet tomorrow though.

Hey, it went really well. They seemed to know the right antibiotic to prescribe for chams because it is the one people have safely used on here from my understanding(sulfamethoxazole). Vet didn't look too concerned, said it wasn't that bad and thinks it will clear up fast. Otherwise said he looked to be in great health. Thought I was going to go broke, but only cost $85. Hoping it works out as well as the vet thinks(he does have cham experience so that puts me at a little more at ease). The swelling went down even before the antibiotic too and he's looking good. Was my first health scare with a chameleon since I got into them and was my fault for not seeing it sooner!

Sorry, I didn't get back, got preoccupied... Start my new job next monday and been focused on doing some stuff around the house before I start working my life away lol.

Last edited:
Hey, it went really well. They seemed to know the right antibiotic to prescribe for chams because it is the one people have safely used on here from my understanding(sulfamethoxazole). Vet didn't look too concerned, said it wasn't that bad and thinks it will clear up fast. Otherwise said he looked to be in great health. Thought I was going to go broke, but only cost $85. Hoping it works out as well as the vet thinks(he does have cham experience so that puts me at a little more at ease). The swelling went down even before the antibiotic too and he's looking good. Was my first health scare with a chameleon since I got into them and was my fault for not seeing it sooner!

Sorry, I didn't get back, got preoccupied... Start my new job next monday and been focused on doing some stuff around the house before I start working my life away lol.
Glad No Name is doing better. And congrats and good luck at your new job, James!

Back
Top Bottom