To small to buy?

BunnyGirl

Hello,
There is a panther for sale at a local petstore in my area. It is very very small. about 2 -3 inches long. He is about $100. I believe it is a male not positive. I believe the reptile guy at the store breeds them himslef so next time I go in I will talk to him. What I want to know from you guys is if the baby sounds too small for me to buy and and expect it to be able to deal with the stress of being relocated. I would house it in a small zoo med screen cage to start. with lots of plants and branches and stuff. I would love to buy this little guy, but I have had bad experiances with young chams before. Please help me decide. I would like to go get it tomorrow if I can. I have everything all set. I have been looking for a new cham for I have been set for a while. this little one just caught my eye and I really like him. he is an ambanjaxamilobe

The price of the panther is $100? I'm sure they just want to get rid of it. Ask them if they will put a hold on him for you until he is older....

I would not buy a chameleon that small.

First of all your bunny avatar is adorable!! I had a dwarf for 7 years named JoJo but he died quite a few years ago. I love rabbits!. Ok, I just have a question....you said you have had chameleons before but had bad experiences
with them. Why is that? I am just trying to figure out what happened before so it doesn't happen again. Please elaborate on that if you would.

well I still currently have a 2 year old Panther and he is doing GREAT!!! He has slight MBD that he had when I got him It is okay though and is getting better and has not progressed at all. the first cham i bought I had shipped and he wouldnt eat for me at all. I had him for 3 months before he died and I bought him at 3 months old. He ate 5 mealworms in those 3 months that I had him. I tried everything I bought silkworms, hornworms, mealworms, crickets, superworms. Everythign I could think of and I asked for help on here and I brought him to the vet. It has made me very timid to buy young chams now. and to have chams shipped I lost alot of money and heartache on that cham and I dont want to go through that agian

along with carol, i agree, if you have had bad experience with a healthy bought chameleon before, recollect and see what you did wrong before.

anyways, i would never buy a cham under 3 months old.

p.s ange loves chams sucks *angry*

Similar but opposite problem

I had the same question about age. I have a local exotic pet store that I deal with buying supplies for my other pets. I have recently decided I would like to get a chameleon and I want to make sure I do it right. They have a little Jackson, very young. They also have an older veiled that has stolen my heart, so sweet, but he is somewhere between 1 to 2 1/2. Husband and wife team and one told me one age the other another. How old is two old to buy a chameleon? I have seen other places to not go under 2 1/2 months on the young side. I see in other posts that is the recommendation here too. Help?

I had the same question about age. I have a local exotic pet store that I deal with buying supplies for my other pets. I have recently decided I would like to get a chameleon and I want to make sure I do it right. They have a little Jackson, very young. They also have an older veiled that has stolen my heart, so sweet, but he is somewhere between 1 to 2 1/2. Husband and wife team and one told me one age the other another. How old is two old to buy a chameleon? I have seen other places to not go under 2 1/2 months on the young side. I see in other posts that is the recommendation here too. Help?

I would not buy a chameleon from someone if he or she is under 2 months old.

i got mine very small to but its does perfectly fine..it loves his new habitat and runs around it all day..and eat like a champ..i think i got mine for a steel though lol..all baby chameleons at my local pet bazzar are 50 bucks

well if its 3 inches long you should be good to go with it. but for a 100 bucks i'd look into it more take a pic and post it up on here for us to check out and give our best info for you. but an ambanja/ambilobe cross will deff be an interesting color especially if its male!!!

i got mine very small to but its does perfectly fine..it loves his new habitat and runs around it all day..and eat like a champ..i think i got mine for a steel though lol..all baby chameleons at my local pet bazzar are 50 bucks

Oh, wow. Looks like I have one of your little panthers brothers. I bought a baby panther chameleon from Pet Bazaar for $50 a couple weeks ago. It was a steal that I couldn't pass up on. Have never seen a panther chameleon for so cheap before. Yours is a nosy be, ambanja, ambilobe cross isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom