To Much Foliage?

Saldarya

Established Member
Evening All,

I am setting up a couple of new cages for a pair of Dwarf Jackson's that are inc next week and wanted to get some opinions.

Let me preface this by saying I still need to add some bamboo walkways and such. In addition, I have numerous plants that I can make adjustments with.

So, here it is:

My first impression is that it is to thick, that being said, I am sure they would enjoy it, I just may never see them!! In addition, I would not be able to monitor them very well or see if they are eating all of their food (sm crickets, FF, etc....)

Options:

1. Replace with new plants. Perhaps a hanging Pothos and a Schefflera.

2. Thin these out. I can cut out a few of the inner branches. I really do like the look of these 2 plants.

3. Leave it as is!!

So, opinions and thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

Personally, I would leave the ficus and pull the draceana... I love the look they add but their usage is limited cham wise. Add a pothos or just leave room the the ficus to grow out.

I also use little wire shelf racks to raise plants up off the bottom of cages that are too short, and they make cleaning a breeze. They can be found in the kitchen sections at stores for just a few bucks.

Personally, I would leave the ficus and pull the draceana... I love the look they add but their usage is limited cham wise. Add a pothos or just leave room the the ficus to grow out.

I also use little wire shelf racks to raise plants up off the bottom of cages that are too short, and they make cleaning a breeze. They can be found in the kitchen sections at stores for just a few bucks.

I will second that

I love it, but it will be difficult to clean without always removing the plants and more difficult to see your new additions. I'd use something a bit more "woody" that can double as vines and pathways. I wouldn't thin out the ficus, I think it looks perfect. ;) I can see that the Jacksons are going to be very spoiled!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom