Tips

Gracie79

Hi Guys!
Getting a 24x24x48 ReptiBreeze for Ringo today Questions: being that the bottom is screened what can I lay on the bottom as a “drip tray” as I will be putting a Pothos & Corn plant in it. I will be heading to Home Depot to also get hopefully sunshine organic mix to repot plants & river rock. Also what size dowels would be best to use in that size cage? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

The bottom isn’t screen it’s an acrylic sheet. I always add adhesive laminate to my floors over the acrylic because I like the look better and it makes it a little sturdier. For drainage I drill through the floor and have tubes running to a reservoir, but reptibreeze and dragonstrand both sell drainage trays if you want to go that route. I don’t personally use dowels, but 1/4” dowels would be good. I’m sure someone who uses dowels will be able to say more.

The bottom isn’t screen it’s an acrylic sheet. I always add adhesive laminate to my floors over the acrylic because I like the look better and it makes it a little sturdier. For drainage I drill through the floor and have tubes running to a reservoir, but reptibreeze and dragonstrand both sell drainage trays if you want to go that route. I don’t personally use dowels, but 1/4” dowels would be good. I’m sure someone who uses dowels will be able to say more. View attachment 239667
Thank you for the clairification on the bottom not being screen makes me feel better LOL. I will look into laminate.

Back
Top Bottom