Time to upgrade

Well, I did a thing and got a programmable LED plant light. The isopods have definitely established themselves now as I've seen over 20 of the babies so far. Also had to add in some more leaf litter as the cleanup crew is starting to make quick work of the initial leaf litter layer. View attachment 315077
Looks soooo good. Ahhh I want. Lmao

So I'm trying to ID the pitcher plants I got, I'll post pictures later. I now have two fully formed pitchers, one is slightly smaller and all green, the other is larger and red colored. I know the genus, but I would like to know the species.

So I'm trying to ID the pitcher plants I got, I'll post pictures later. I now have two fully formed pitchers, one is slightly smaller and all green, the other is larger and red colored. I know the genus, but I would like to know the species.
Take a pic I can probably tell more or less

Did you get at a HD or Lowes type place?

Garden centre in the city, didn't have the species. These are all the pitchers that the plant has produced with the red one being the newest. The red one has opened uo since and is larger than the fully formed green pitcher.
20211216_130346.jpg
20211216_130401.jpg
IMG_20210508_140702.jpg

Garden centre in the city, didn't have the species. These are all the pitchers that the plant has produced with the red one being the newest. The red one has opened uo since and is larger than the fully formed green pitcher. View attachment 317333View attachment 317334View attachment 317335
Most likely it is n. ventrata (ventricosa x alata) due to the pitchers being green at least at the bottom.

Other candidates being its parents, n alata, although pitchers normally speckled, and n ventricosa, with pitchers staying mostly red.

The good news is all three are easy to grow and should do well in cham conditions! You just might want to put some gravel or perlite in the bottom of the pots to make sure they are able to drain well.

Most likely it is n. ventrata (ventricosa x alata) due to the pitchers being green at least at the bottom.

Other candidates being its parents, n alata, although pitchers normally speckled, and n ventricosa, with pitchers staying mostly red.

The good news is all three are easy to grow and should do well in cham conditions! You just might want to put some gravel or perlite in the bottom of the pots to make sure they are able to drain well.

One step ahead of you! I used the excess clay balls from my drainage layer in the pots of all the plants to ensure proper drainage, as very few plants like wet feet. I will be grabbing a pic of the newest pitcher today.

Well I stopped internet to feed my critters and check on everything. This is the new pitcher.
20211230_113928.jpg

The cage overall.
20211230_114218.jpg

And my backup isopod colony has established itself! So many babies!
20211230_114917.jpg

I'm actually amazed how much this enclosure can change in three weeks! This is from today and the last full enclosure picture was from Dec 16th.
20220108_131357.jpg

Looking awesome and those neps are very happy! Can you remind us again exactly what plant light/lights you are using?

Looking awesome and those neps are very happy! Can you remind us again exactly what plant light/lights you are using?
Sorry for taking so long long to reply, was busy moving. The one is the standard plant light that ships with fixtures from light your reptiles and the other is a Fluval plant spectrum LED.

I also got an updated picture of the enclosure after doing some minor reorganizing. Spot Chandler!
20220121_161909.jpg

So I'm thinking I might move one of the picture plants down to where the spider plant is currently. I think they have the same size pot so I should be able to do it relatively easy. Thoughts?

Why? Maybe near the top, if they're becoming a fire hazard or showing signs of stress.
I'd look up each species for the right way to do it. Some (e.g. dracaenas) are better pruned at specific times during the year.

Why? Maybe near the top, if they're becoming a fire hazard or showing signs of stress.
I'd look up each species for the right way to do it. Some (e.g. dracaenas) are better pruned at specific times during the year.
Mainly the Pothos are growing like weeds and overtaking the enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom