Time to replace two 24-watt HO T5 bulbs, Arcadia 6.0 HO T5 and Daylight HO T5

ldarmo

Established Member
September of last year, I ordered a 24" HO T5 Double Bulb fixture with Arcadia 6% and 6.5k Day-light Bulbs Included. I got them from lightyourreptile.comr. It's getting to be time to think about replacement bulbs. What is the most cost-effective place to order replacement bulbs?

The Arcadia D3 HO T5, 22" 24-watt, 6% Forest UVB bulb runs about $32 from lightyourreptiles.com
The 22" HO T5 6.5K 22", 24-watt daylight bulb runs $8.99 from lightyourreptiles.com

I don't need a fixture, just replacement bulbs. Any leads?

Thanks,
Lisa

Arcadia bulbs will last you a year. And it is my understanding that the daylight bulbs do not need to be replaced unless they burn out. Someone correct me if I am wrong... I can't help with other places. I buy all my arcadia stuff from Lightyourreptiles.com only. I really like Todd there. He was very helpful with all my questions when I first got into Cham Keeping.

my arcadias last 24-36 months based on my meter. But even if you want to replace yearly, you only have to replace the D3 bulbs. You can replace the 6500k as needed. As an alt, you can also buy the zoomed ultra suns for the 6500k. Mine are pushing 6 years with no change to color. You can find them in the tropical fish section.

my arcadias last 24-36 months based on my meter. But even if you want to replace yearly, you only have to replace the D3 bulbs. You can replace the 6500k as needed. As an alt, you can also buy the zoomed ultra suns for the 6500k. Mine are pushing 6 years with no change to color. You can find them in the tropical fish section.
How do you know when to replace the daylight bulbs?

I bought my replacement bulbs from Pangea Reptile (I think that was its name). They had good prices and flat rate shipping. Extremely well packaged.

Thanks, everyone! I assumed I needed to replace the Arcadia bulb yearly. If I don't, I'll wait a bit longer. I do like to have spare bulbs on hand.

Thanks, everyone! I assumed I needed to replace the Arcadia bulb yearly. If I don't, I'll wait a bit longer. I do like to have spare bulbs on hand.
This is when having a solarmeter 6.5 comes in handy... You may have more life to your uvb bulbs and replace without needing to. With the solarmeter you know exactly what the output is.

They will start rapidly degrading in color and light output. When that happens normally the entire bank will start to drastically dim as well. Or you can just check the bulb ends, they will start getting a 1/2 inch of black when they are ready to go.
Awesome thank you!

Back
Top Bottom