Time to Feed

bkullman

Hello,

I just picked up my male veiled chameleon this past Saturday and he's doing great!! One question though do people feed them before they leave for work in the morning or when they get back...when is the best time. I have also noticed that when I put the crickets in his cage on the tree they never stay there for long they always fall off and then he has to wait for them to eventually crawl up the screen on the lower half of the door and then he gets them. Do you think I should put them in a small bowl if they will even stay that is.

Thanks for the info

Hello,

I just picked up my male veiled chameleon this past Saturday and he's doing great!! One question though do people feed them before they leave for work in the morning or when they get back...when is the best time. I have also noticed that when I put the crickets in his cage on the tree they never stay there for long they always fall off and then he has to wait for them to eventually crawl up the screen on the lower half of the door and then he gets them. Do you think I should put them in a small bowl if they will even stay that is.

Thanks for the info

You feed your chams early in the day. They need to sit under their basking for like 4 hours to digest their food so ideally you want to have them eat more then 4 hours before lights out.

As for feeding technique, you can just put them on the bottom of the cage and let them climb up the screen. The usually don't stay at the bottom for long. If you want to cup feed, you kinda want to put the cup/bowl up high and not on the cage floor.

Yep, what Mike said. It's not a bad thing for him to have to work to find his food, and the crickets usually end up under the warm lights anyway, so it's not too hard to find them. But I think it's more stimulating for them, since they don't really have anything else to do in their cage.

Back
Top Bottom