Established Member
uqutyba7.jpg
u
qyjy9yju.jpg
meru5y7y.jpg
a6u7esa4.jpg
a7y4a6u3.jpg
egu2u9aq.jpg

Yes I think that they eat better then we do... Lol :) But that means my chams eat well also so it's all good!!! Btw Olimpia I was looking at some of your Picts today and the free range you had set up was FANTASTIC!!!!!! Do u think you will be able to re create it any time soon?

Yes I think that they eat better then we do... Lol :) But that means my chams eat well also so it's all good!!! Btw Olimpia I was looking at some of your Picts today and the free range you had set up was FANTASTIC!!!!!! Do u think you will be able to re create it any time soon?

Thank you! I don't know, hopefully. I would like to, it just depends what kind of home I end up renting next.

I'm curious I've read a lot of the blogs on creating these mixtures for feeding and gut loading your feeders but my questions is do you end up mixing all these ingredients up at the same time or do you make multiple types of mixtures? Also with the amount you would make do you end up freezing some of it so you can use it as you need it. There just seems to be so many vegetables it would seem they would go bad before they would all be consumed.

Thanks

Thank you! I don't know, hopefully. I would like to, it just depends what kind of home I end up renting next.

I'm curious I've read a lot of the blogs on creating these mixtures for feeding and gut loading your feeders but my questions is do you end up mixing all these ingredients up at the same time or do you make multiple types of mixtures? Also with the amount you would make do you end up freezing some of it so you can use it as you need it. There just seems to be so many vegetables it would seem they would go bad before they would all be consumed.

Thanks

I have made a blended mixture that I freeze in small cups and still do but it seems to spoil and is prone to mold faster then fresh veggies so I mostly just use a mixture of multiple veggies and change it out every 3 days or so. I have a TON of different feeders so I use a lot more veggies then many people do. I also make a dry mix as well and fill 2-1 gallon jars at a time and give it to all of my feeders as well.

I have made a blended mixture that I freeze in small cups and still do but it seems to spoil and is prone to mold faster then fresh veggies so I mostly just use a mixture of multiple veggies and change it out every 3 days or so. I have a TON of different feeders so I use a lot more veggies then many people do. I also make a dry mix as well and fill 2-1 gallon jars at a time and give it to all of my feeders as well.

Add lime juice and/or honey and it should help prevent molding.

I do a similar method- I have a staple frozen blend of veggies and dry mix-- then I rotate in other things (pretty much whatever is on sale in the produce department :D )

Fun things to do with new crickets:
Spirulina -- put it in a dish, the crickets turn dark green
Hybiscus flower powder -- They turn a pinkish purple hue instead
bits of dried papaya -- there will be crickets hiding in every corner trying to horde their little piece.

Add lime juice and/or honey and it should help prevent molding.

I do a similar method- I have a staple frozen blend of veggies and dry mix-- then I rotate in other things (pretty much whatever is on sale in the produce department :D )

Fun things to do with new crickets:
Spirulina -- put it in a dish, the crickets turn dark green
Hybiscus flower powder -- They turn a pinkish purple hue instead
bits of dried papaya -- there will be crickets hiding in every corner trying to horde their little piece.

As always GOOD info ! :)

When you say a frozen blend are you actually blending them with a blender some or just cutting them in small pieces and then tossing together. Also how much lime juice would you suggest?

When you say a frozen blend are you actually blending them with a blender some or just cutting them in small pieces and then tossing together. Also how much lime juice would you suggest?

Food processor and lots of patience:

here's what I blend (by percent/weight)
mustard greens, 15%
turnip greens, 15%
butternut squash, 10%
papaya, 15%
kale, 10%
collard greens, 10%
carrots, 10%
apples, 10%
lime 5%

I also add small amounts of:
bee pollen, kelp, garlic granules, ginger, and (a very small amount) calcium

Food processor and lots of patience:

here's what I blend (by percent)
mustard greens, 15%
turnip greens, 15%
butternut squash, 10%
papaya, 15%
kale, 10%
collard greens, 10%
carrots, 10%
apples, 10%
lime 5%

I also add small amounts of:
bee pollen, kelp, garlic granules, ginger, and (a very small amount) calcium

What Dan said but just a variation on the mixture and ratio.

Thanks all for the great info!!

Look up sandrachameleon's page and she has a complete list so it's easy,just print it and take it with u to the store!!! If u get just part of what she has listed you will be doing good!! Glad we could help!!! Just hit us up anytime you need to.
Steve

Look up sandrachameleon's page and she has a complete list so it's easy,just print it and take it with u to the store!!! If u get just part of what she has listed you will be doing good!! Glad we could help!!! Just hit us up anytime you need to.
Steve

Agree^^^^^^^

Back
Top Bottom