Timberline Hornworm cup

MissDina

Hi everyone! I bought a Timberline Hornworm cup for the first time and I’m curious about the packaging.

Basically- what do I do now? I’m so used to gut loading my crickets; these guys seem to be self serve. Other than unwrapping the cup seal... is there anything else to do?

Also, the cup says the count is 4ea but I only have 3ea. There is a little white blob on the food, so I’m not sure if that is a left over dead one. Lol

I bought these from Petco so I have no idea how old they are - I’m sure they are not the best, but my Cham is only 3 months & I wanted to give him a little treat. I wasn’t ready to buy 12count cups online. :)

Thanks!!

Hi everyone! I bought a Timberline Hornworm cup for the first time and I’m curious about the packaging.

Basically- what do I do now? I’m so used to gut loading my crickets; these guys seem to be self serve. Other than unwrapping the cup seal... is there anything else to do?

Also, the cup says the count is 4ea but I only have 3ea. There is a little white blob on the food, so I’m not sure if that is a left over dead one. Lol

I bought these from Petco so I have no idea how old they are - I’m sure they are not the best, but my Cham is only 3 months & I wanted to give him a little treat. I wasn’t ready to buy 12count cups online. :)

Thanks!!
The brand is ok. From my experience the food in the cup seemed to go rancid quickly so keep it in a cool area. Also, hornworms grow pretty quickly when it’s warm and food is available so make sure you store it in the fridge once the worms are appropriate size. I learned the hard way and my first purchase grew way to big and I couldn’t feed them off. My second purchase of hornworms and eggs was from Great Lakes Hornworms and they lasted me months. Just make sure you are only feeding 1-3 hornworms a week. They should not be used as a staple feeder.

The brand is ok. From my experience the food in the cup seemed to go rancid quickly so keep it in a cool area. Also, hornworms grow pretty quickly when it’s warm and food is available so make sure you store it in the fridge once the worms are appropriate size. I learned the hard way and my first purchase grew way to big and I couldn’t feed them off. My second purchase of hornworms and eggs was from Great Lakes Hornworms and they lasted me months. Just make sure you are only feeding 1-3 hornworms a week. They should not be used as a staple feeder.
Great! Thanks for helping me!

Back
Top Bottom