Till what age...

SycoSquirl

I have currently an 18x18x36 in cage from my old veild that passed away, Im wondering how long I can keep a panther baby (male) in that size cage until it needs the larger 24x24x48? If its a year or so then I will have time to find a proper sized table/cabinet (havent had ANY luck with something large enough and I cannot build things myself >.< ) Thanks for the info guys, I really want to make this cage perfect for my future animal so you will probably be hearing a lot from me in the next several months on questions so bare with me =D

I'm sorry to hear that your veiled passed away. I would highly recommend you put a good thorough cleaning on the cage and the contence before you use it for another chameleon. You would be able to keep a young male panther in a 36 inch high cage until around 7 or 8 months old.

I cleaned everything VERY thoroughly before I packed it all up to move to NM from CA because I knew I wouldnt want to see it before hand, but I also plan on giving it another thorough cleaning before i start setting it up again too since its been sitting in a gross garage for a month or so. Thanks for the info about the age and the tip for cleaning =)

If it's a drainage solution you are looking for with the 24x24x48 cage, you can go to Lowe's or Home Depot and pick up a plastic utility sink, drilling a few holes in it. Then, zip tie (keeping the pointy ends out of the cage) the cage to the sink for stabliity. At the bottom of the sink is a drain, so just stick a bucket under that and you are good to go! You can't store too much under it, but it's a clean and easy way to have drainage, plus it gives you about another 2 feet in height - I just put a small piece of screening over the drain hole to prevent bugs from getting down there and set my potted plants directly on the floor of the sink.

I would agree with 8-9 months. I upgraded from my reptibreeze to a 48 x24 x48 enclosure at about 6months though just to give him room to roam. Looking at my boy now at 9 months its hard to imagine him in the smaller cage, but certainly possible.

For your table issue consider using wire shelving. Its not the most aesthetically pleasing but functional in terms of drainage and adjustable height. Though If I was to go that route again I would coat the shelf that the cage sits on in plasti-dip to combat rusting.

Back
Top Bottom