Tika went to the vet!!!!

Courtney

So we took tika to see dr Kelleher and she also saw another dr there. we were told that there is nothing wrong with tika!!!!! They could to a full workup but its unnecessary inc the fecal unless her apetite fall off. she weighs 298g is not dehydrated ans is the best lookeing melleri they have seen in a while. we were told we were more knowledgeable than people that have kept chams for longer periods of time. Tika is highly receptive and is stressing herself out looking for a mate to advertise to. i will be taking in a fresh fecal soon. the one i had was too old. She has no fungus behind her lobes. the only issue is that her light doesnt have a good out put.. now i have to bring all my bulbs in to have them checked. they did say her receptiveness is causeing her mild stress with the pacing activity she is exibiting. other than that shes perfect!!!!!!!!!

They said she was def a girl bc of her receptive coloration and actions. And we were already told she was a girl

i feel so much better. I wish i knew how long she would be like this. Im thinking of lowering her temps and how long her lights are on.

I'm curious, can you describe the receptive coloration? Maybe take a photo?

I'm happy to hear she's doing ok. :)

Thanks,

Luis

I'm curious, can you describe the receptive coloration? Maybe take a photo?

I'm happy to hear she's doing ok. :)

Thanks,

Luis

She is chalky in her cage but when shes out she is pastel and unstressed. the vet said tha she was showing receptive coloration and activity. possibly induced due to her larger cage and better food quality. When she is able to roam around she shows her lighter coloration. i have tried to capture photos but the cam stresses her out, and then she shows stress and territorial colors. her coloration is a lighter version of her normal coloring.

I'm surprised she would be showing receptive colouration and actions in a medical situation. Stress indictors, both in colour and demeanour, would be more conceivable.

I'm surprised she would be showing receptive colouration and actions in a medical situation. Stress indictors, both in colour and demeanour, would be more conceivable.

I am curious as to what receptive coloration on a melleri is ?

I am thinking the same thing as Trace. I would suspect "?she?" would be showing stress coloration. I have a melleri that will show stress colorations when I step in the room let alone being taken to the vet.

Trace / Brad, I would like to request a British / Canadian version of spell check or at least add the dictionary form other lands. :D.

well im just going by what the 2 vets said. i wish i could introduce her to a male to confirm that she is receptive. I still have to drop off a fresh fecal. So im not ruleing out anything just yet. She was very calm in the vet office actually. She wasnt taking a defensive pose or showing stress coloration.

well im just going by what the 2 vets said. i wish i could introduce her to a male to confirm that she is receptive. I still have to drop off a fresh fecal. So im not ruleing out anything just yet. She was very calm in the vet office actually. She wasnt taking a defensive pose or showing stress coloration.

Thanks, Would you mind describing the coloration during the visit? I am not doubting the info you received , I am curious as this is the first time I have heard of someone describing a melleri as showing receptive coloration. If these vets know something that others may not I am very intrigued.

Thanks

if you go to melleri discovery website click on husbandry then click on breeding scroll down to find the pic of the receptive melleri who is trying to catch the eye of a mate and that is exactly what tika looks like!!!! and all bc i couldnt get melleri discovery to come up i freaked out for nothing lol

I've been keeping chameleons a long time so I'm not that knowledgeable. Could you post some receptive pics of Tika? To me the differences between an unstressed melleri and a receptive melleri are subtle so I'm sure it will be helpful, not just for me, but for others working with the species.

How did the vet know your lights are not giving off enough UVB?

Trace / Brad, I would like to request a British / Canadian version of spell check or at least add the dictionary form other lands. :D.

I would settle for any version of spell check that I could get to work on the forum!!!! I see some of what I have written I an a-paul-ed. I really can only do one thing at a time!:eek:

Firefox has a built in spellchecker which underlines misspelled words while you're typing. Much like Word.

Luis

I would settle for any version of spell check that I could get to work on the forum!!!! I see some of what I have written I an a-paul-ed. I really can only do one thing at a time!:eek:

Back
Top Bottom