Three things you can't live without

Kat77

Ok everyone. What are three items that you can't live without in the care of your chameleons that aren't necessarily on the list of must haves in chameleon husbandry (ie, heat bulbs, UVB bulbs and fixtures, feeders)

My three:

1) Paper towels

2) Baked sticks from the yard (save money on vines!)

3) Deli cups (SO many uses!)

Tough to narrow it down! Now lets hear yours.

Last edited:
1) My chams! - not exactly husbandry but they are top of my must have list :D

2) Plastic tubes from my old Kricket Keeper - so I dont have to touch evil crickets

3) Paper Towels - I am with you on that one Kat :p

Guitar, guitar and guitar:p hahahaha

Seriously though, I think what I cant live with out would be my secretary who takes care of my troop when I need to go out of town, roaches (for some reason I love my roaches and it makes me kinda sad to feed them off hahahaha) annnnnnd my dust buster to make cleaning easier.

By the way I looked at a few of your halloween photos. CUTE KID!!!!

1) My cricket tube...Thanks to Matt at Tie Died Igunana !!

2) My custom engineered drainage system

3) My girlfriend for helping me when I get lazy.

who bakes the sticks in the wild the natives?

Dead wood can harbor all sorts of yucky things you don't want your chameleon around, not to mention that baking helps the bark come off. But that isn't the topic of the thread. :rolleyes:

Have any input? :)

Ok everyone. What are three items that you can't live without in the care of your chameleons that aren't necessarily on the list of must haves in chameleon husbandry (ie, heat bulbs, UVB bulbs and fixtures, feeders)

My three:

1) Paper towels

2) Baked sticks from the yard (save money on vines!)

3) Deli cups (SO many uses!)

Tough to narrow it down! Now lets hear yours.

1 - a room dedicated to my pets (Chams, frogs, hermit crabs, various creepy crawlies)
2 - an understanding partner who is happy that I am happy with my reptiles, bugs etc
3 - high quality tap water

papertowels almost made #3 on the list though!

Measuring cup - dedicated to toting bugs back and forth; recognized as such by cham (no reason it has to be a measuring cup; that's just what we use).

Pothos - you can stretch those vines all over the room to make a chameleon highway.

Pink Tiffany-type lamp, hanging from the ceiling on a golden chain - I wouldn't have originally guessed this one, but any cham I've had will tell you its prime real estate.

right well id ave to say

rubber gloves to pick the insects up :D

paper towels

those little plastic tubs you buy the insects in.

that sounds so cute - I'd love to see a picture
I've attached the "far off" perspective here; my entry in the photo contest ("heartbreak of shedding") shows a closeup.

Attachments

• Thaxter lamp cropped.jpg
    Thaxter lamp cropped.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom