thoughts on BugCo crickets?

nessagonza

my local small-business pet store sells BugCo crickets. i just wanted to make sure it is safe to still dust with calcium, since they claim they are supplemented already. i have been moving them to a bigger container and taking out the “food” and “water” that comes with them. i have still been doing a fresh gutload and wet a sponge for their water. attached is a screenshot from BugCo’s website

Attachments

• FA65939C-755E-4138-BB03-78C933166589.png
    FA65939C-755E-4138-BB03-78C933166589.png
    456.3 KB · Views: 46
I have questions about all of that. What is the food? Is it a product like the orange cubes that will keep the crickets alive but not healthy/nutritious? What is the calcium product and how are the crickets getting it?
I would still be lightly dusting with my supplements same as always.

I have questions about all of that. What is the food? Is it a product like the orange cubes that will keep the crickets alive but not healthy/nutritious? What is the calcium product and how are the crickets getting it?
I would still be lightly dusting with my supplements same as always.
yes, they look almost like yellow round cheeto puffs 😂 the calcium and “water” i’m assuming comes from the paste like stuff that also comes with them in the box. i couldn’t find any more info about the calcium on their website, just that one bullet point that says they are already gutloaded and calcium enriched

Back
Top Bottom