This waiting game sux!

Schitts Creek Girl GIF by CBC

Agreed with the xray.

I haven’t read ever post but if your worried about your cham I would recommend the X-ray as well. The vet will be able to tell to the estimate amount of eggs and if the eggs are ready they start to line up in the oval duct that can be seen in the X-ray. Also if the eggs are oval shaped in the X-ray that means they are ready to to lay.

I have a female with reproductive problems so I’ve also had a hard go with her and know the struggle.

I haven’t read ever post but if your worried about your cham I would recommend the X-ray as well. The vet will be able to tell to the estimate amount of eggs and if the eggs are ready they start to line up in the oval duct that can be seen in the X-ray. Also if the eggs are oval shaped in the X-ray that means they are ready to to lay.

I have a female with reproductive problems so I’ve also had a hard go with her and know the struggle.
The vet I would trust with her is a 2 and a half hour drive. The temps and weather havent been the greatest as of late.

She started showing her receptive colours on December 27th.
By the first of January she was acting crazy.
She only recently stopped pacing and started eating again. Back to her normal easy going self
I've read it can take 3 months from the beginning of the receptive stage.
But I don't know how accurate that info is.
She will be 7 months old on Feb 24th

The vet I would trust with her is a 2 and a half hour drive. The temps and weather havent been the greatest as of late.

She started showing her receptive colours on December 27th.
By the first of January she was acting crazy.
She only recently stopped pacing and started eating again. Back to her normal easy going self
I've read it can take 3 months from the beginning of the receptive stage.
But I don't know how accurate that info is.
She will be 7 months old on Feb 24th
Has she been going to the bottom at all and is she scratching the screen cage like she wants to get out? Those are usually the signs my girl will give when she’s ready to lay her gets

my vet is a hour from me so I understand it not being easy at time

Has she been going to the bottom at all and is she scratching the screen cage like she wants to get out? Those are usually the signs my girl will give when she’s ready to lay her gets

my vet is a hour from me so I understand it not being easy at time
She the first few weeks after her colours started she was crazy. Climbing the screen. Climbing down.
Between her planters. She was all over.
She barely ate for that month.
Shes been very chill the last week and a half.
Appetite has returned and all pacing has stopped. She still moves around from spot to spot during the day. But hasnt been showing any interest in her lay bin

She the first few weeks after her colours started she was crazy. Climbing the screen. Climbing down.
Between her planters. She was all over.
She barely ate for that month.
Shes been very chill the last week and a half.
Appetite has returned and all pacing has stopped. She still moves around from spot to spot during the day. But hasnt been showing any interest in her lay bin
Sounds like she was looking for a mate back then and now she should be close to laying. I don’t think you need to worry yet but I know that’s easier said then done and I should tell myself that when my female is going crazy lol

Sounds like she was looking for a mate back then and now she should be close to laying. I don’t think you need to worry yet but I know that’s easier said then done and I should tell myself that when my female is going crazy lol
I read as much as I could before she was gravid.. i understand all the basics.
for some reason expected her to be more stoic through the whole thing. 😆
She proved me wrong.

Bit of an update..
Still no eggs🙄
But she is happy and content.. Great appetite on feed days.
I see her drink.
Shes active through the day. Moves between basking and her cooler spots.
Shes still as bright and beautiful as always.
With the warmer weather and the end of lock down. I was able to get out to local greenhouses and buy her some new plants to replace the ones she beat up.
The wait is still on.... pics are from today.

Attachments

• 20210316_164425.jpg
    20210316_164425.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210316_141200.jpg
    20210316_141200.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 55
Update # 615 (🙃 kidding)
My girl has been dark and pacing the last 2 days.
Up and down all day with a break to bask in between.
She has a healthy appetite and I have seen her drink.
But noticed that although her urates are nice and white. They are small.
She has been on the bitchy side which is not usual for her.
She will try to climb onto my hand when Im adding feeders and hiss at me at the same time..
I'm hoping the pacing and attitude change means she will FINALLY lay some eggs.

Give her privacy...don't bother her only to feed and water her. If she's down in the lay bin, don't let her see you watching her, pray she lays the eggs.

I have the bott
Give her privacy...don't bother her only to feed and water her. If she's down in the lay bin, don't let her see you watching her, pray she lays the eggs.
Om half of the screen covered. I have been quietly stalking from across the room while knitting... She has completely ignored the laybin she has been to the bottom between her potted plants. On the ceiling of her enclosure. She hasnt been sitting still at all.
She never did get chunky either.
No lumps or bumps showing.
It's been such a long wait.
I really hope this time she gets it over with

Back
Top Bottom