This UVB meter is too good to be true, right?

Back when @klydoscope was around I asked this same question.

I actually built a working version with (probably) the same sensor.

Material costs was like $15 with an arduino, uv sensor, and a Nokia display

I made it, didn't trust my results so I bought a solar meter and the results were the same.

So it's possible that this is usable but not traceable to any calibration.

id only get one, if i could compare it to a real calibrated meter. For all we know its a sensor meant for measuring UVB for industrial use like activating epoxy etc. Vs calibrated for UVI which has a different curve sensitivity.

I agree with everything said above. If its something that is super important to keep track of, going for quality vs price shopping is most likely going to be better for you in the long run. Just like buying our little chams, go for quality, don't price shop.

I agree with everything said above. If its something that is super important to keep track of, going for quality vs price shopping is most likely going to be better for you in the long run. Just like buying our little chams, go for quality, don't price shop.
Yeah, absolutely. I'm gonna stick to that. I just happened to come across that one and thought -maybe- lol. But I was 99% sure it wouldn't be worth getting. Thanks everyone!

You bet!

I'm pretty sure there is a tradition in the chameleon hobby where Christmas is celebrated in August btw.... ;)
I think I'm just gonna get it myself sooner than later. Like as soon as I can. Might take a couple weeks but I also might just slap it on a CC or even paypal payments or something. I am so paranoid that I'm gonna find that Spike isn't getting the right amount of uvb lol. I mean he looks good to me and he seems to be doing great. It's only been a few weeks though.

I think I'm just gonna get it myself sooner than later. Like as soon as I can. Might take a couple weeks but I also might just slap it on a CC or even paypal payments or something. I am so paranoid that I'm gonna find that Spike isn't getting the right amount of uvb lol. I mean he looks good to me and he seems to be doing great. It's only been a few weeks though.
You are a good cham owner. I'm sure he is fine. I have bad luck so if something like this is going to happen to anyone here it will be me. I still think the solar meter is worth having, I wouldn't stress about it though honestly.

You are a good cham owner. I'm sure he is fine. I have bad luck so if something like this is going to happen to anyone here it will be me. I still think the solar meter is worth having, I wouldn't stress about it though honestly.
I'm so afraid that if I don't stress every little detail I'm gonna make a mistake or something is gonna happen to him lol. I did good today though! We went on a field trip with our son. I checked on Spike a few times but I mostly was good with not just watching him all day lol. I know you're right though. I need to relax :ROFLMAO:

I'm so afraid that if I don't stress every little detail I'm gonna make a mistake or something is gonna happen to him lol. I did good today though! We went on a field trip with our son. I checked on Spike a few times but I mostly was good with not just watching him all day lol. I know you're right though. I need to relax :ROFLMAO:
With how aware you are of things, I am going to guess that you will be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom