this normal??

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 12.16.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 12.16.36 PM.png
got my guy a 3 months ago he's a veiled. Not sure if this is normal for his leg bones wondering if it's a sign of MBD or something of that nature. He's had it for a while and everything else seems fine with him but it just looks different from other pictures I've seen of veils. Any insight would be appreciated

ah cool ty everyone. and yea he's kinda been like that since i got him I'm not sure if its gotten more defined tho as he's aged a bit

He looks a little thin to me. How much is he eating and how often? What are the feeders that your giving?
well hes kinda slowed his eating recently. i feed him crickets and hornworms and they're just about always available to him. the crickets are always on the side of the vivarium so its not for a lack of opportunity for him to eat. i also find droppings just about every day so I'm not sure why he would be thin.

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 4.15.58 PM.png

this pic i took of him just now he eats about every other day. Im always trying to give him more to eat but he just doesn't go for it sometimes so if there's an issue with eating its be a hunger strike of some kind

View attachment 296693
this pic i took of him just now he eats about every other day. Im always trying to give him more to eat but he just doesn't go for it sometimes so if there's an issue with eating its be a hunger strike of some kind
I would take in a fecal to a vet to rule out a parasite issue. They should not need to see him to just run the fecal but if it comes back positive for parasites then they will have to see him for medication. Make sure the Vet is an exotics vet and has worked with Chameleons.

How many every other day would you say he is actually eating? Do you know how old he is?

His eyes are a bit sunken in as well. Is this common? Or was it just the stress of the camera?

pretty sure it was the stress of the camera his eyes are usually good. I would say if i don't give him a big boy hornworm then he'll eat 2-3 crickets/small hornworms every other day. I don't actually know how old he is but i have had him for 3 months so I'm assuming close to 1 year if not younger. Thats good advice tho me and rasputin thank you

He looks pretty good, other than the hip bones. Have they always protruded that way ? It is odd because it is uniform on both sides so it does not look like MBD so much. I have seen thin chams, but it does not look like that. It could be genetic, but this is a job for a vet. Only with X-Ray could the see what is going on.

He looks pretty good, other than the hip bones. Have they always protruded that way ? It is odd because it is uniform on both sides so it does not look like MBD so much. I have seen thin chams, but it does not look like that. It could be genetic, but this is a job for a vet. Only with X-Ray could the see what is going on.
he has but i kinda feel like its gotten a bit worse overtime. im gonna contact a vet soon

Back
Top Bottom