This is why you got to be careful what you feed your Chameleon.

Lazereth

Avid Member
Not sure how many of you seen this vid. It's not mine. I just stumbled a crossed it while being productive at work...

Yikes... I definitely feel sorry for that poor mantis. Could the Horsehair Worms actually affect a chameleon though? Or is it just the insect carrying them?

This should be stickied on the top of the feeder section. This is why i refuse to feed my chams anything wild caught, no matter how attractive it may be; Bees, Katydids, wild caught Mantis, butterflies, nothing…and this is why!

This should be stickied on the top of the feeder section. This is why i refuse to feed my chams anything wild caught, no matter how attractive it may be; Bees, Katydids, wild caught Mantis, butterflies, nothing…and this is why!

No, it shouldn't be stickied on top of the feeder section. That parasite has nothing to do with any parasite that a chameleon might pick up. There are lots of weird and gross parasites out there that wont infect chameleons.

even house bred feeders can carry parasites. it was posted some days ago that jacksones have been found to carry man transmitting parasites

Holy fuggin spawn of satan!

How the heck did all of THAT, come out of that ONE praying mantis!!!???? That must have been some serious pain. Wow. Poor thing....

This just gave me the heebie jeebies. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom