This is why I can’t be left alone in a Home Depot

@Putin_On_Me_Glasses See my feedback in bold.

A full care & enclosure rundown
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Nosey Be panther chameleon, almost 4 months old
Handling - n/a
Feeding - I will be feeding crickets and silkworms. I am setting up breeding pins for crickets and plan on hit loading with repashy bug burger and super load. ( I believe that is what it’s called?) You sure you want to breed crickets they get nasty and smelly. Not to mention are a pain to sort sizes. They are very cheap to just order...
Supplements - Arcadia eathpro-a every day and repashy capsicum plus lod two Sunday’s a month. correct using the LOD every other Sunday so like the 1st and the 15th.
Watering - A monsoon mister, planned to go off during daylight hours for a minute in the morning, a minute in the afternoon, and a minute at night. So with this. What is the longest misting it will do? I really prefer the mistking because you can set exactly when and how long you want sessions. If you want short ones at night you can set that as well. But you can do longer sessions. IME Panthers tend to like longer misting sessions. Depending on your climate there you may need the extra moisture as well.
Fecal Description - n/a
History -n/a

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 24x24x48 dragon strand screen cage, comes with pvc backing. perfect. Have you figured out drainage for this? Did you do a gravity drain? You will need to be able to remove the water from the drip pan. Either wet vac it out or plumb it. I have mine sitting on a half inch board so it angles the cage down to the front. by sliding in a half inch wood bar at the back under the board it creates the angle this way I can wet vac the water easier and nothing sits in the back of the pan.
Lighting - 75 watt repti-spot basking bulb, will be lifted off the cage by clamps. t5ho reptisun 5.0, to be lifted off the cage by pieces of wood without blocking the light. Jungle dawn led, 22”, also now to be lifted. Unsure of how high. ok so then you need to raise the fixtures 4 inches off the top. And you will need a branch slightly higher 4-5 inches below the UVB bulb. So this will give a max UVI of approximately 6 at the screen and a 3 uvi at the branch 4-5 inches below the screen. Test your temps on the screen as well. You need to ensure they are not much warmer then 80 there. If it is warm to you it will be hot to baby. I would pull all lighting up on a wire rack. Elevate that with the 4 inch blocks.
Temperature - n/a, waiting on bulb 75 watt or 60 watt on the rack should be plenty. you do not want it hotter than 80 on the screen.
Humidity - n/a, hydrometer is also thermometer Looking for a range of 50-60% in the cage.
Plants - pothos, bromeliad, philodendron, ficus
Placement - on a table in my room, elevated to a total height of about 7 feet
Location - Petaluma, California

Little I’s favorite is hornworms and then superworms. I also feed crickets (1/8 inch at the moment, but he will probably be a little bigger when he comes to you.) I also feed fruit flies, grass hoppers, silkworms Dubai and house flies. Little I doesn’t care much for the Dubai.

I buy hornworm eggs from Greatlakes and it takes them about a week to hatch and get big enough to feed. I get silks from Beastie Mode West and Marianna is awesome to pick out the size that you need. Linda, at Linda at Linda’s Gone Buggie has spent many hours the past 3 months sifting and counting baby superworms for me. She’s awesome! Linda also has value packs with a variety of 3 or 4 different feeders for like $20.00, that’s perfect for one chameleon. If you email her she will let you mix and match feeders and make you a special baby pack. So you could get silks, horns and supers from her. It would be a fairly small amount so he could eat them before they get to big.

As Becca said, be very careful with the temps. Do you have a temp gun?

Last edited:
I may or may not have gone a bit overboard with plants for one of @jannb ‘s little guys. Lights still aren’t finished, waiting on the basking bulb coming on Tuesday. Currently, I have four thermometers, the chameleon academy supplement plan (Arcadia without d3 every day and every other Sunday repashy calcium plus lod) a ficus tree, two bromeliads, two pothos, and a philodendron. I now have an extra four-foot tall dracaena plant because I overestimated how heavy it was.View attachment 312120
View attachment 312119
OMG same! Invariably some of the plants don't work so they get added to the house full of plants; chams provide a nice excuse for an existing plant addiction!

Little I’s favorite is hornworms and then superworms. I also feed crickets (1/8 inch at the moment, but he will probably be a little bigger when he comes to you.) I also feed fruit flies, grass hoppers, silkworms and house flies.

I buy hornworm eggs from Greatlakes and it takes them about a week to hatch and get big enough to feed. I get silks from Beastie Mode West and Marianna is awesome to pick out the size that you need. Linda, at Linda at Linda’s Gone Buggie has spent many hours the past 3 months sifting and counting baby superworms for me. She’s awesome! Linda also has value packs with a variety of 3 or 4 different feeders for like $20.00, that’s perfect for one chameleon. If you email her she will let you mix and match feeders and make you a special baby pack. So you could get silks, horns and supers from her. It would be a fairly small amount so he could eat them before they get to big.

As Becca said, be very careful with the temps. Do you have a temp gun?
Thank you so much! I do have a temp gun, I just need to replace the batteries.

OMG same! Invariably some of the plants don't work so they get added to the house full of plants; chams provide a nice excuse for an existing plant addiction!
Same when I bought some more plants some of them didn’t fit in his cage so now I have a room full of plants and it’s awesome

I may or may not have gone a bit overboard with plants for one of @jannb ‘s little guys.
Same when I bought some more plants some of them didn’t fit in his cage so now I have a room full of plants and it’s awesome
Same here
That's how we get "enrichment" and a place to put Mr/Ms Rainbowbutt when we need to get them out of harm's (or annoyance's :rolleyes: ) way from time-to-time. 😁

I started with intentionally getting extra plants for the beardie because of their rep for botanical destruction. Now it's a habit. Always buy at least 2 in case one croaks/gets demolished.

The current problem is that we've run out of empty table space! :eek:

That's how we get "enrichment" and a place to put Mr/Ms Rainbowbutt when we need to get them out of harm's (or annoyance's :rolleyes: ) way from time-to-time. 😁

I started with intentionally getting extra plants for the beardie because of their rep for botanical destruction. Now it's a habit. Always buy at least 2 in case one croaks/gets demolished.

The current problem is that we've run out of empty table space! :eek:
Exactly my train of thought 😂

Back
Top Bottom