This is why I can’t be left alone in a Home Depot

Coop

Avid Member
I may or may not have gone a bit overboard with plants for one of @jannb ‘s little guys. Lights still aren’t finished, waiting on the basking bulb coming on Tuesday. Currently, I have four thermometers, the chameleon academy supplement plan (Arcadia without d3 every day and every other Sunday repashy calcium plus lod) a ficus tree, two bromeliads, two pothos, and a philodendron. I now have an extra four-foot tall dracaena plant because I overestimated how heavy it was.
3E333C88-4FF6-4E0F-9E2E-7696289A0503.jpeg

A08CBE97-E4C6-4784-8285-9C884BF6866E.jpeg

I may or may not have gone a bit overboard with plants for one of @jannb ‘s little guys. Lights still aren’t finished, waiting on the basking bulb coming on Tuesday. Currently, I have four thermometers, the chameleon academy supplement plan (Arcadia without d3 every day and every other Sunday repashy calcium plus lod) a ficus tree, two bromeliads, two pothos, and a philodendron. I now have an extra four-foot tall dracaena plant because I overestimated how heavy it was.View attachment 312120
View attachment 312119
That is a nice dracaena!

I’m getting pieces of wood to lift the sides of the uvb off the cage, and two lamp clamps for the basking bulb. I’m using Arcadia earth pro a

I’m getting pieces of wood to lift the sides of the uvb off the cage, and two lamp clamps for the basking bulb. I’m using Arcadia earth pro a
Ok and what will be your total distance to the branches below and the screen? You would need to lift the LED bar as well. They put out heat. Best bet is getting a wire rack to raise on the cage and have all lighting on that.

I have a few racks down in storage so I’ll run down and grab them. The branches are hidden behind the leaves, at about 8 inches beneath basking
Edit:said beneath instead of behind

I have a few racks down in storage so I’ll run down and grab them. The branches are hidden behind the leaves, at about 8 inches beneath basking
Edit:said beneath instead of behind
ok so then you need to raise the fixtures 4 inches off the top. And you will need a branch slightly higher 4-5 inches below the UVB bulb. So this will give a max UVI of approximately 6 at the screen and a 3 uvi at the branch 4-5 inches below the screen. Test your temps on the screen as well. You need to ensure they are not much warmer then 80 there. If it is warm to you it will be hot to baby.

EP-A is fine for everyday dusting. And then the use of the Repashy Calcium plus LoD version 2 times a month is good as well.

Baby will be small so make sure that it can easily get to the feeder run and shoot into it. You may need to place a branch coming out from the back to the feeder run so he can get within a few inches of it easily.

Will do! I have the thermometers on standby while I wait for the basking bulb to be delivered. I also have plenty of access to branches from the trees on my property. Just to make sure, you would bake them for about 20 minutes to get rid of anything, right?

Will do! I have the thermometers on standby while I wait for the basking bulb to be delivered. I also have plenty of access to branches from the trees on my property. Just to make sure, you would bake them for about 20 minutes to get rid of anything, right?
You can bake them if you want to.

What thermometers did you buy for temp and humidity?

A full care & enclosure rundown
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Nosey Be panther chameleon, almost 4 months old
Handling - n/a
Feeding - I will be feeding crickets and silkworms. I am setting up breeding pins for crickets and plan on hit loading with repashy bug burger and super load. ( I believe that is what it’s called?)
Supplements - Arcadia eathpro-a every day and repashy capsicum plus lod two Sunday’s a month
Watering - A monsoon mister, planned to go off during daylight hours for a minute in the morning, a minute in the afternoon, and a minute at night.
Fecal Description - n/a
History -n/a

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 24x24x48 dragon strand screen cage, comes with pvc backing.
Lighting - 75 watt repti-spot basking bulb, will be lifted off the cage by clamps. t5ho reptisun 5.0, to be lifted off the cage by pieces of wood without blocking the light. Jungle dawn led, 22”, also now to be lifted. Unsure of how high.
Temperature - n/a, waiting on bulb
Humidity - n/a, hydrometer is also thermometer
Plants - pothos, bromeliad, philodendron, ficus
Placement - on a table in my room, elevated to a total height of about 7 feet
Location - Petaluma, California

Back
Top Bottom