This is very scary...this has to be a joke...

kinyonga

Chameleon Queen
I hope nobody ever reads this and thinks it's true.

"A home for one or two chameleons may be a large-mouth gallon jug made into a terrarium. Add about 3⁄4 inch of coloured gravel, along with some real or artificial plants and a small rock, and punch holes in lid of jug. Keep a little flat tray (like a jar lid) of water in the terrarium"...

"The chameleon can be trained to do a number of tricks. First, you need to gain his love and confi- dence. Do this by leading him with a string around the room. Handle him gently so he will not be afraid"...

https://www.manitoba.ca/agriculture/rural-communities/4h/pubs/small-animals-chameleons.pdf

i honestly thought it was a joke when i read it.. chameleons are so obviously not amphibians; to think that their tail just falls off and regrows?? absorbing water through skin?? ridiculous!

that would make a lot more sense!! is the information correct for anoles?
Not really, but it makes more sense for them. They are very tiny, so one could be kept in something like a 10 gallon tank (small, but not that small!). A very, very comfortable one might chase a string if it felt like it, but there's no way to reliably train them that I know of. Some of the larger anoles (like the Cuban Night anole) could probably be trained a bit.
The whole thing is still entirely nonsensical lol

Anole...Yup...but still mixed with a chameleon?..
"His tongue is 4 inches long and is as long as his head and body together. He can catch a fly with his tongue at the blink of an eye"...long tongue on an anole?

I’m speechless.
Alice Foulcher Wtf GIF by 1091

I hope nobody ever reads this and thinks it's true.

"A home for one or two chameleons may be a large-mouth gallon jug made into a terrarium. Add about 3⁄4 inch of coloured gravel, along with some real or artificial plants and a small rock, and punch holes in lid of jug. Keep a little flat tray (like a jar lid) of water in the terrarium"...

"The chameleon can be trained to do a number of tricks. First, you need to gain his love and confi- dence. Do this by leading him with a string around the room. Handle him gently so he will not be afraid"...

https://www.manitoba.ca/agriculture/rural-communities/4h/pubs/small-animals-chameleons.pdf
That is so wrong it's criminal 😭

This hurt my head to read. I love how for resources they use Pinterest and two other links. Also so happy to hear that they are inexpensive animals.

Back
Top Bottom