This is unbelievable...animal cruelty...

I don't have an issue with people doing what they want with their own bodies but when you start giving drugs to your pets randomly just because you like them it is the height of stupidity. Their physiology is not the same as ours. Chameleons have incredibly delicate lungs any smoke or vapors could have serious life shortening consequences even if you don't see the effects immediately.

I saw this video awhile back.... In the man's defense the chameleon did seem to rather enjoy the ganja. I'm a medical cannabis patient in the great state of Colorado however I don't get my chameleons stoned. Although I will admit one of my dogs rather enjoys it himself too. My friend had a pit bull that would eat your stash if you left it out. He also waited for his turn in a circle. Always pass to the left! That being said the chameleon didn't get hurt and it didn't die. It's also impossible to overdose on cannabis... All living breathing organisms have an endocannabanoid system that reacts to the psychoactive chemical in Cannabis "TetraHydraCannabinol" and its healing effects of CBD.

Im not condoning what the owner did or saying I agree with it. I'm just stating my personal opinion that it was not animal abuse. Also the chameleon seemed to be in good health so...

I have helped treat several dogs that ate their owners stash. Some would not have survived without medical intervention. Other animals can OD on things we tolerate.
I don't know how many times I've had to tell people "we don't care and aren't going to turn you in but we can't treat your pet unless we know what it ate". At least now that it's legal here people won't have to lie and the animal can get quicker treatment.

Last edited:
I saw this video awhile back.... In the man's defense the chameleon did seem to rather enjoy the ganja. I'm a medical cannabis patient in the great state of Colorado however I don't get my chameleons stoned. Although I will admit one of my dogs rather enjoys it himself too. My friend had a pit bull that would eat your stash if you left it out. He also waited for his turn in a circle. Always pass to the left! That being said the chameleon didn't get hurt and it didn't die. It's also impossible to overdose on cannabis... All living breathing organisms have an endocannabanoid system that reacts to the psychoactive chemical in Cannabis "TetraHydraCannabinol" and its healing effects of CBD.

Im not condoning what the owner did or saying I agree with it. I'm just stating my personal opinion that it was not animal abuse. Also the chameleon seemed to be in good health so...

Not really true. One can overdose on cannabis, the amounts for a person are so ridiculous though that it's practically impossible. I have a good friend with a large pitbull that nearly died from eating some edibles too(he ate a whole tray of cookies..). He had diarrhea, throwing up, and shakes so much that he was severely dehydrated and had to be hospitalized. It is toxic to some animals in lower amounts than it would be for people, that's the problem. The mistake some people make(not saying this is you) is coming up with the BS that marijuana is beneficial for everything. Weed is a drug, just like coffee is, it has it's applications, but imo people are going too far with it. It's not a cure all.

Edit: not 'all' living things, but many, have opioid receptors
Btw all living things have opioid receptors too, that doesn't mean everyone should regularly take opioids and that large amounts aren't dangerous.

Last edited:
Not really true. One can overdose on cannabis, the amounts for a person are so ridiculous though that it's practically impossible. I have a good friend with a large pitbull that nearly died from eating some edibles too(he ate a whole tray of cookies..). He had diarrhea, throwing up, and shakes so much that he was severely dehydrated and had to be hospitalized. It is toxic to some animals in lower amounts than it would be for people, that's the problem. The mistake some people make(not saying this is you) is coming up with the BS that marijuana is beneficial for everything. Weed is a drug, just like coffee is, it has it's applications, but imo people are going too far with it. It's not a cure all.

Btw all living things have opioid receptors too, that doesn't mean everyone should regularly take opioids and that large amounts aren't dangerous.
I'm not saying it's a cure all. But it sure cures my anxiety, depression, and insomnia pretty well. Normally I would have to take 3 or 4 different medications for that. Just like anything it's not for everyone. And I would never push it on anyone either.

I'm not knocking CBD etc. for humans just pointing out that their lungs, livers and kidneys are different than our and process things differently turning things we take for granted into toxins in their systems. Cats will die from taking Tylenol (acetaminophen). It is best not to experiment on your pets with medications.

So usually I'd take a pass on this subject as I don't really wanna get into the politics of it... I feel that having recently run into this issue that the record needs to be corrected...

While back in the good old days when weed was weed... yea, you couldn't OD on cannabis. However with "medical marijuana" taking on many forms there has been an noted increase in ER visits and CDC reports of THC overdosing. So... yea technically you can't OD smoking weed, the potency of the medical oils, tinctures, and the "vape" products can, in fact, lead to an overdose.

From a personal note, I happen to know of an exact experience where someone grabbed a medical bottle vs a bottle of CBD and spent the next 4 days violently ill, complaining of headaches, nausea, dizziness, feeling drunk, etc. Maybe a lethal dose is different, but overdosing is no longer "impossible".

All that being said, I am also a medical marijuana recipient. I interact with all kinds of folk with disabilities regularly who are also on MM. It has proven itself of use in medicine and has its place. I'm not trying to start any arguments... but I don't feel that a statement that you can't OD is accurate.

So usually I'd take a pass on this subject as I don't really wanna get into the politics of it... I feel that having recently run into this issue that the record needs to be corrected...

While back in the good old days when weed was weed... yea, you couldn't OD on cannabis. However with "medical marijuana" taking on many forms there has been an noted increase in ER visits and CDC reports of THC overdosing. So... yea technically you can't OD smoking weed, the potency of the medical oils, tinctures, and the "vape" products can, in fact, lead to an overdose.

From a personal note, I happen to know of an exact experience where someone grabbed a medical bottle vs a bottle of CBD and spent the next 4 days violently ill, complaining of headaches, nausea, dizziness, feeling drunk, etc. Maybe a lethal dose is different, but overdosing is no longer "impossible".

All that being said, I am also a medical marijuana recipient. I interact with all kinds of folk with disabilities regularly who are also on MM. It has proven itself of use in medicine and has its place. I'm not trying to start any arguments... but I don't feel that a statement that you can't OD is accurate.

"You cant OD on 1960-1980 dirt weed"

There fixed it for you. The new strains have what, 10 fold the THC vs the old stuff. And once you get into the extracts etc, yea you are going to have a bad time. I got old hippies around here, half a gummy bear before bed and they are good for the night.

Sorry I'll change it from OD to death. No one has died from cannabis. I have had bad experiences myself from high THC content in short periods.

Show me where it says it did kill someone. Not that it can. Anything can kill anyone. Take enough Tylenol and it will be the last headache you ever have

Ugh...too many political sinkholes here! In my most humble opinion, not a single $@cking person gets to count as a responsible adult if they force any kind of non-doctor prescribed drugs on another sentient being for whom they have responsibility. Here’s a real stretch of an argument, but I’ll do it anyways:

This guy claims his Cham was more relaxed and easier to handle after blowing pot at it. Well, I’m sure every psycho who ever slipped someone a roofy said the same thing about his/her victim. So, I guess that’s okay then? (Please read the sarcasm in my diction).

Ugh...too many political sinkholes here! In my most humble opinion, not a single $@cking person gets to count as a responsible adult if they force any kind of non-doctor prescribed drugs on another sentient being for whom they have responsibility. Here’s a real stretch of an argument, but I’ll do it anyways:

This guy claims his Cham was more relaxed and easier to handle after blowing pot at it. Well, I’m sure every psycho who ever slipped someone a roofy said the same thing about his/her victim. So, I guess that’s okay then? (Please read the sarcasm in my diction).

I couldn’t help but laugh at this.

I think the “more relaxed” would be the chameleon shutting down from stress so ya I guess in his own messed up way he’s right but oh so wrong.

Further to my last,

I take no stance whatsoever on the debate over the potential health effects pot can have on people, nor on the possibility of overdose—be it by edibles, smoke, vape, etc. I merely question the logic implicit in:

giving pot to my animal makes his/her behaviour more convenient

therefore it is okay to do so, I ought to do so, or any cognate thereof.

Yikes! Giving Valium to a rowdy toddler will certainly make them more convenient companions for those fascinating documentaries about the buildup of algae on the underside of non treated bridges, but I’m not sure this parenting tip should be endorsed.

@CamoChameleonsHuman said..."Take enough Tylenol and it will be the last headache you ever have"... not all of it is voluntary....the emergencies with kids and pets are from ingestion with the child/pet/person not knowing that what they ate was laced with cannabis. If someone does it to themselves then it's on them...but if it's done without the person realizing it then it's a "crime" IMHO.

Last edited:
I actually posted the wrong article...I guess when I clicked on the next one (the one I really intended to post) it didn't work. Sorry.

Here's another one...
https://www.newsweek.com/thc-overdose-death-marijuana-exposure-united-states-1442742

thought so your usually spot on with your articles lol.

even this said said he thinks it’s an overdose but no real proof.

a healthy person would have to consume way more then possible to overdose.
https://www.westword.com/news/dear-stoner-how-much-thc-equals-a-lethal-dose-5124769

Back
Top Bottom