THIS IS SILLY BUT I'M EXCITED! Also, quick bioactive question.

Rst_Cham

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I was on rainbowmealworms.com website ordering feeders for Max, and I noticed the "feeder lizards" tab; they sell live anoles and geckos as snake/bird food. So I ordered me a green anole for $6, as a pet. Lol. I have all this stuff unused right now since I’m done rearing my froglets: 15 gallon tank, 18” T8 fixture, 5.0 UVB zoo med bulb, two Sansi grow bulbs/fixtures, CHE on a day/night thermostat, timers, digital thermometer, screen lid, soil/moss/leaf litter/tropical plants, and pressure misting bottle.

I have PLENTY of feeder insects for him. Hopefully he’ll be happy to be pardoned from being snake food and enjoy this setup. My question is, can I throw in some isopods and springtails so it’s bioactive? How many would I add for this size tank?

I can't wait for my new little friend!

Attachments

• F359D71A-BF12-4971-8BF1-017261E0F991.jpeg
    F359D71A-BF12-4971-8BF1-017261E0F991.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
So I was on rainbowmealworms.com website ordering feeders for Max, and I noticed the "feeder lizards" tab; they sell live anoles and geckos as snake/bird food. So I ordered me a green anole for $6, as a pet. Lol. I have all this stuff unused right now since I’m done rearing my froglets: 15 gallon tank, 18” T8 fixture, 5.0 UVB zoo med bulb, two Sansi grow bulbs/fixtures, CHE on a day/night thermostat, timers, digital thermometer, screen lid, soil/moss/leaf littler/tropical plants, and pressure misting bottle.

I have PLENTY of feeders. Hopefully he’ll be happy to be pardoned from being snake food and enjoy this setup. My question is, can I throw in some isopods and springtails so it’s bioactive? How many would I add for this size tank?

I can't wait for my new little friend!
Most well treated feeder ever lol

I guess I can just see how he likes this one and go from there. I did research online but most care sheets just gave the minimum requirements of 10 gallon tank, etc. I do have another enclosure that is taller that I could look at moving him to if need be. :)

Too Cute! We did this with a feeder rat... $5 baby rat ended up costing me $200 in vet bills though because she was infested with lice and mites. But she is the most spoiled feeder rat ever lol. I even bought her one of those 11 inch balls that she runs around the house in. :hilarious:
I forgot about your feeder rat lol this is the most well treated feeder :ROFLMAO: :LOL: I hope my son doesn’t want to rescue one some day:LOL:

My question is, can I throw in some isopods and springtails so it’s bioactive? How many would I add for this size ta

You sure can! I'd say 2 cultures of isopods (~20) and 1-2 tubs of springtails + 1 tub a week for a month would be more than enough! Make sure to have CuC food handy while they establish - Repashy Morning Wood or Arcadia Custodian Fuel are excellent.

You'll want to add some leaf litter and a bit of cork bark for the CuC. They like that, and will munch on it/hide. :)

Congrats to anyone that has gotten their cham to eat an anole. tried to feed mine one a month or so ago and she just looked at me then looked at it and we had a stand off on who’d give up and walk away first.

I lost lol

Back
Top Bottom