Thinking outside the box!

Hawaiian style

Took 15min to make and costs $23 for 2! 1/4" plastic mesh fencing and the caps are pot drainers used zip ties to put it together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 157
I have this plastic grid here at home, but never thought to use as cage.

The lights will melt the plastic, the crickets will run away and he could get hurt in the parts where no be well trimmed.
The spaces are large enough so that it is stuck with his head = X

Linda Davidson published that design over twenty years ago. It still works good today for outdoor cages. A lot of keepers use that style for outdoors. It's biggest weakness is that it doesn't have a door. The second biggest weakness is that your chameleon must be trained to feed from a cup since the feeders will escape. Not sure how you plan to put lights in it either.

Not sure why you mentioned a candle? For breeding romance maybe? :)

He has direct sunlight on half his cage 12hrs a day no need for a light, it's plenty warm!! And it's a commitment but I hand feed them about 3 times a day 2 krickets and live meal worms every now an then. This is a perfect cage for my needs. Oh and he loves the Perch at the top of the cage so it's not hard to get him out.

Took 15min to make and costs $23 for 2! 1/4" plastic mesh fencing and the caps are pot drainers used zip ties to put it together.

Love it. Great idea and especially for people on a budget for their cage. Do crickets get out or are you hand/ tweezer feeding the Cham?

No one has heat or air in houses in hawaii so we have jealousy windows that are open 24/7 they get the same temps they get in the wild.

So that's what candles are for...I've been using them wrong....:rolleyes:

LOL!!! thanks for my first good belly-laugh of the day :D

Also, sorry, I don't think much of this idea for a cage.
You guys have already pointed out the potential problems with this.

A 18 X 36'' Reptibreeze does not cost that much money ya know !! ;) :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom