Thinking of a new cham...

mattj

So since I built my new cage, I'm toying with the idea of splitting it down the middle and having two.

I was thinking either a panther or jacksons. I've had a jackson and thought he was cool. I am now however leaning toward a panther. Havent had one yet.

A local place has a ambanja/sambava cross, which kind of interests me. Its almost two months old.

Would you go for a cross or stick to a specific locale?

So since I built my new cage, I'm toying with the idea of splitting it down the middle and having two.

I was thinking either a panther or jacksons. I've had a jackson and thought he was cool. I am now however leaning toward a panther. Havent had one yet.

A local place has a ambanja/sambava cross, which kind of interests me. Its almost two months old.

Would you go for a cross or stick to a specific locale?

Specific locale. I feel that many crossed locales are created by mills. They typically sell them for only a couple dollars less? I'll give you this option, would you rather have a Poodle...or a Malti-poo? A mutt pretty much, haha. In the wild they interbreed, but it is not as common, also panthers have come to have unique locale differences. Keep it pure man.

Specific locale. I feel that many crossed locales are created by mills. They typically sell them for only a couple dollars less? I'll give you this option, would you rather have a Poodle...or a Malti-poo? A mutt pretty much, haha. In the wild they interbreed, but it is not as common, also panthers have come to have unique locale differences. Keep it pure man.

I have to agree with Vigilant, I wouldn't go for a cross. Panthers are awesome chameleons to keep, but go for the "pure" local.

Hybrids, crosses or whatever you want to call them, make some of the most beautiful and unique colors and patterns out there.

Breeding and not disclosing the info is where people foul up and mess with established lineage.

Hybrids, crosses or whatever you want to call them, make some of the most beautiful and unique colors and patterns out there.

Breeding and not disclosing the info is where people foul up and mess with established lineage.

That's what I was thinking. I kind of like the idea of not knowing what ill be getting. He looks cool already. No real colors. Hes kind of still that grey color. But once I saw him eat I wanted to get him.

My bday is this week. I think he might be a present to myself. But thanks for the replies.

I think if you like the idea of his adult look being a complete surprise, then go for the cross. I have had several and they have always been my favorite panthers, and in my opinion, my most beautiful and unique.

Get him and post pictures as he grows so we can see how he turns out! :D

That must be so fun getting a surprise like that!

I've always loved my panthers but have never had a cross. I'd say get him, but just don't breed him, since you don't have specific lineage, only what the pet store is telling you which may or may not be accurate - he'll still make a fantastic pet! :D

I know there has been a lot of debate on breeding crosses - this is just my personal feeling, and I don't want the OP to lose his thread with people bashing my opinion, please :eek:

Yea definitely no plans of breeding. Think I MIGHT go tomorrow. I would still have to change my cage a little first though.

Back
Top Bottom