Think 5 month old has mbd

PantherAddictt

Hi,
This is a friend of mine male panther Cham. An can't give a honest opinion if he has mbd or not. Currently not eating an not looking to good photos attached. Opinions greatly be appreciated.

Attachments

• received_698945051445837.jpeg
    received_698945051445837.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 54
  • received_740386660668386.jpeg
    received_740386660668386.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 50
From the look of the bowing of the limbs, yes. Needs vet asap before broken bones occurr. Also complete husbandry review to figure out why. Such a beauty. This is heart breaking but with immediate attention fixable. Your friend is going go have to create a hospital cage to prevent falls. I have seen people turn the cage on its side and set up that way. But vet first and husbandry review of lights, foods, vitamins, schedule etc...

From the look of the bowing of the limbs, yes. Needs vet asap before broken bones occurr. Also complete husbandry review to figure out why. Such a beauty. This is heart breaking but with immediate attention fixable. Your friend is going go have to create a hospital cage to prevent falls. I have seen people turn the cage on its side and set up that way. But vet first and husbandry review of lights, foods, vitamins, schedule etc...
Thank you! I will let him know asap. Kinda in same rear view with my panther not eating. But vet can't see him until may. Going make more calls for sooner. Just ashamed I thought I done what was right for my boy an now my friend has a sick one also. :(

Fill out this form the best you can.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Last edit

Well giu are in the right spot. So many members here with ecperience with this. I am so sorry . he wull fall and break bones if precautuons arent taken immediTly.

You seem to know alot about these guys can you take a look at my boy?

Attachments

• 20220418_223902.jpg
    20220418_223902.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20220422-034702_Photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220422-034702_Photos~2.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 47
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Last edit

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Sambava male panther an is around 1 yr old. Had him since October 2021.

• Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Rarely mostly for health checks an caging maintenance.

• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I feed crickets an hornworms. 12-15 medium size crickets daily an hornworms twice a week 1-2 at a time. I use collard greens, peas an sometimes squash an blueberries for gutloading an bug burger.

• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? repashy supercal NoD every feeding an calcium plus LoD 1st an 15th of every month twice a month.

• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I use a misting system every 2 hours an hand mist during the day. An use fogger an humidifier when lights go off. 11pm to 4pm if the water last. Haven't seen him drinking leaf drips in a while.

• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Brown an white urines. Never been tested for parasites. Actually been see what his next fecal looks like. Hopefully next few days.

• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Always been skittish with eating an would go to bottom of the enclosure few hours before lights go off. Has his two sleeping spots with what I noticed.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Screen with window insulation kit on left an right an back of the enclosure. It is a 18"18"36" tall cage.

• Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Reptisun t5 hood with a arcadia 6% t5. I have lights on 10am to 10pm

• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 86f with basking temps using a flukers 75 watt bulb. Have the bulb on a environment control center by zoomed with dimming setting with probe. Not to experience with this dimming unit. Floor temps range from 72-73f an use a temp gun. 67-69f with overnight temps.

• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Usually 50-60% but not 100% my testing device recently stopped working. Not sure on what to Measure humidity levels with.

• Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Mostly pothos an umbrella plants.

• Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? It is located on the floor in a family room. Near a fireplace for that effect. 3 feet from the floor.

• Location - Where are you geographically located? Central America

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. Not eating much an staying at bottom of the enclosure. Been misting his mouth for water. Could be dehydrated. Would usually try to bite of hand goes near him. Now doesn't seem to bother him.

--------------

Please Note:

• The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

• Photos can be very helpful. Can post whatever photos needed. Recently posted current photos of him.

I dont see bowing on the limbs very young isnt he! I have veileds not panthers but i have done a bit of rescue so i have learned some things. The husbandry form is important. Sometimes its a small oversight or misinformation that can be remedyed easily. I was just looking at one and the basking perches were too low. Should be 6-8 inches. At 12-15 inches the uvb has little effect.

Yourr cage should be higher off the floor. Fogging throughout the night is ok if you keep it on low. You have a natural high humidity in central america do that is good. I would increase hirnworms and when you see the vet ask for liquid calcium and a syringe and you can inject it into the hornworm. Yes a fecal test is needed. I dont know if you can buy it where you are at but rainbowmealworms.com sells one that includes lab testing.

Yourr cage should be higher off the floor. Fogging throughout the night is ok if you keep it on low. You have a natural high humidity in central america do that is good. I would increase hirnworms and when you see the vet ask for liquid calcium and a syringe and you can inject it into the hornworm. Yes a fecal test is needed. I dont know if you can buy it where you are at but rainbowmealworms.com sells one that includes lab testing.
Thank you! Going to look into this. Also do you know anyways online. To sell baby female panthers. Have two trying sell to good homes. Had them for 3 months but were huge mistakes an supposed be males.

Attachments

• 20220427_121133.jpg
    20220427_121133.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220427_121703.jpg
    20220427_121703.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 47
To measure humidity levels get a digital temp/humidity gage. They are available on Amazon or eBay pretty cheap. As for your lights, the uvb light you chose is great and the basking branch should be 8-9 inches below for the correct uvb level for your Cham. That should give a uvi level of 3 which is what you want. You have a beautiful boy!

Back
Top Bottom