Things they get up to when they don't know your watching...?

JosieJobo

Hi guys
this morning when I woke up my 6.5m panther Diesel was chilling under the heat lamp, I didn't get up and just watched him he then walked over to the mister streched up and drank the condensation off the mesh! I hardly ever see him drink though he's always hydrated finally I know where hes getting his water from he then started exploring most of his tank nibbiling at plants and wood , not eating just nibbles he then ate some silkworms :)

so I was just wondering if you had ever seen your little ones doing things when they didn't know you where watching??? ;)

hey there. That's pretty funny as I catch mine doing that as well sometimes. The screen catches the mist and creates droplets which one of my panthers reaches up and drinks from some times. I use the water bottle with a pin hole in the bottom technique.
I fill them up and pretty much just leave the room and let them do their thing 2-3 times a day. my mist king goes off 4 times a day as well so with all that water I know they are getting water. but they do funny things when they think we are not looking.

Here's to our funny little creatures

:p

I found that my Kinyongia Multi like to drink first thing in the morning , I have set the rain system to go off slightly before lights on to give them the opportunity to wake up to what in the wild would be condensation..that is one of the only times I see them drink

They do act different when they don't know they are being watched.

Some, wont drink if they know I am watching them. They will eat in front of me, but not drink.
I have no idea why :confused:

Ive never seen mine drink either, I mist by hand so I guess he is still paranoid about me being right there, but the urates are almost exclusivly white so he is drinking either the droplets or from his dripper. He hand feeds wonderfully though so I dont get it lol. Strange creatures :rolleyes:

It's funny, my Jackson Rhino loves being misted and will drink immediately when being sprayed with water. My Veiled boy Floyd, he on the other hand, he is absolutely the opposite. Floyd will run for cover as soon as he sees the water nozzle. He HATES with a passion being sprayed with water. He refuses to drink in front in front of people too.

Bert Langerwerf used to leave a video camera turned on in his lizard enclosures for hours and then watch the video at night on his tv so he could see what his lizard's behavior really was.

I've often thought if I was wealthy I'd set web cams up on all my enclosures so I could observe.

Trace- your new avatar cracked me up

**BACON!!**

I'd love to be able to record mine. My guys all free range and I'd love to see what they do when I'm not home. They are always up to something when I am home. :eek:

I've walked into the room to catch one of mine trying to escape thru the glass at the front of the tank but as soon as he sees me he starts acting like "I wasn't being bad" lol. Too cute

lol. since my current enclosure is half fish tank and half screen enclosure, he sometimes crawls around the bottom of the tank, but still has not figured out what glass is. there is an electrical chord just outside the tank, and i catch him sliding his front arms up and down the glass, trying to grab the chord all the time. lol when he see's me looking, he turns around and starts walking away from me... nothing to see here. lol

he also has a rope right next to the dripper tube. so he can drink off of a bamboo stick he can purch on, or by climbing the rope. he likes to climb the rope, and reach his arms out until he grabs the dripper tube, then he brings it to his mouth to drink.

but he dont seem to have a problem drinking from anywhere he sees water drops. i seen him drink from leaves, bamboo sticks, dripper tube, and even moisture on the roof of cage where the humidifier hose is mounted. :cool:

my guy i never see drinking and was getting worried because his urates were orange, but today i finally got him to drink by spraying him on accident with a hand sprayer, and he just started sticking his tongue out and bringing whatever got sprayed on it in, literally did this for 2 minutes until I ran out of water and he started to get grumpy with me so I refilled and did it again until he decided he was done. Will try this method again tomorrow before calling the vet for other issues. Ive found he likes to watch me sleep too, and then I wake up and he gets grumpy, we are totally in sync because I hate me waking up also.

Not a drinking story... Well, maybe it is...

My Jax Ferdinand was free ranging in the house and went missing. I found him inside my work boot. Somehow he had managed to get one horn stuck in an open eyelet AND get a foot tangled in the shoelace. I laughed so hard, I couldn't breathe while he's giving me the patented "B!7ch, this ain't funny" chameleon scowl.

The things they do when we're not watching!

Yes, and just wait until the crickets join the dubia to plot their revenge!! :eek:

At least someone else is aware. I have a female crix and male dubia set to marry next weekend. Paperwork filed and everything, if state will acknowledge wedding. No, it is not a shotgun wedding. They have dating since middle school. Bachelor party is gonna rock!

I would seriously love to get a webcam up and watch them while I am at work!

Don't get too excited; I see an awful lot of this. I swear he knows when I'm watching...

Attachments

• cameraCOutput_71.jpg
    cameraCOutput_71.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom