They FINALLY started hatching!

How is the rest of the clutch going? Updates? :D
I was just about to update!

Number five is almost out of the egg, number 6 is peeking out and three other eggs are sweating! AAAHHHH:D

How warm are you keeping them? Try taking they enclosures outside and feed them outside.

They are between 75 and 78 degrees. I'll take them out tomorrow and see.
I have only seen the biggest one eat a small cricket and only one poop. They are very active though, moving all around the enclosure.

IMG01022-20110611-1743.jpg

IMG01020-20110611-1742.jpg

6 babies have hatched today! and 4 are sweating

Congrats! I'm just surprised on how you hatched them, I'm really curious because I just hatched mine from a comparable system but since I will start up a huge breeding project next upcoming year I want to make a system for hatching the eggs properly, Needing a bigger set-up, without having to buy an expensive machine or something.

BTW, my babies hatched all together in 3 days, 12 I had. Your temperatures must be a lot cooler than mine? Mine took only 6 months to hatch as well.

Hope you can provide some information about that!

well...this is a very picture light thread...you should get on taking more pictures :p:D
hahaha, I am working on that. It's veery time consuming to keep my 2 veiled adults, my female ambanja, my leopard gecko, my milk snake, and now 10 babies happy! aaand also do all my chores at home.
I'll get the babies outside today for a little while and see if I get any cool pics.
BTW, I have 12 eggs sweating now! so probably by the next few days I'll have 20+ babies :D

Congrats! I'm just surprised on how you hatched them, I'm really curious because I just hatched mine from a comparable system but since I will start up a huge breeding project next upcoming year I want to make a system for hatching the eggs properly, Needing a bigger set-up, without having to buy an expensive machine or something.

BTW, my babies hatched all together in 3 days, 12 I had. Your temperatures must be a lot cooler than mine? Mine took only 6 months to hatch as well.

Hope you can provide some information about that!

My setup is very simple. If you want to go bigger, just get a bigger rubbermaid box (like the ones you use to store things under your bed) and you'd be set.

Mine have taken 8 days now, but that is common. Some start hatching, and after a few days all hell breaks lose, and all come out. Also, 8.5 months is a fairly good average time for Veiled babies. I kept mine between 74-77 degrees depending on day and night time temperatures in my room.

I have to ask though, are you breeding veileds or what? If it is veileds, then yours were out quick and had a very small clutch. If it is anything else, then you cannot compare my results with yours.

hahaha, I am working on that. It's veery time consuming to keep my 2 veiled adults, my female ambanja, my leopard gecko, my milk snake, and now 10 babies happy! aaand also do all my chores at home.
I'll get the babies outside today for a little while and see if I get any cool pics.
BTW, I have 12 eggs sweating now! so probably by the next few days I'll have 20+ babies :D

haha pictures asap is fine andd congrats on all of the babies!!! glad it is all going well!

Thank you!

I would've gotten pics this afternoon but we got a huge storm (even hail) here in south florida so no chance in that. I'll get some tomorrow

Steve, its been 5 days since the first one was born and I see no poop on the enclosure. I washed it today to be able to see if there is. I have provided plenty of FF's but havent seen them eat. Any ideas?
Just now reading this. Just keep providing live prey, and instinct should kick in. I cleaned a baby panther setup over the weekend, and I could'nt believe how many little poops I washed off potho leaves for just five, one week old babies in one weeks time. Thinking about what you'll :D have with twenty + babies.

How warm are you keeping them? Try taking they enclosures outside and feed them outside.

Very good advise from Jann. I find that a little natural sunbathing simulates eating, thermoregulating, growth. You just have to keep a watchful eye when this young, not to over heat.

Last edited:
I'll keep that in mind Steve. I've seen some poop and some of them eating, so I am a little more relaxed now. The only thing is that one of the babies has a prolapse and another hasnt opened his eyes.. they hatched 3 days ago.

My vet is on vacation so idk what to do.

Haha, I love that picture.. Idk how I managed to focus on such a small eye, holding the camera with just one hand!

Now there are 17 babies hatched (18 total, but one is still absorbing the yolk and I haven't put him in the baby nursery :).)

Back
Top Bottom