Thermal burn

malle000999

Hey, my Cham has gotten a thermal burn the vet prescribed me a spray that will help it heal. BUT my chameleon is extremely aggressive like super aggressive! I can only hand feed her she won’t let me do anything else. I have had her in little over 2 month maybe idk. I have cleaned her cage by removing the poop right when I saw it and cleaned the leaves she had pooped on. I cannot not get her out of the cage. So what I’m trying to say is how do I get the burn lotion on her without her trying to bite me? And if so is the bite painful? And how do I deal with an angry chameleon?

Hey, my Cham has gotten a thermal burn the vet prescribed me a spray that will help it heal. BUT my chameleon is extremely aggressive like super aggressive! I can only hand feed her she won’t let me do anything else. I have had her in little over 2 month maybe idk. I have cleaned her cage by removing the poop right when I saw it and cleaned the leaves she had pooped on. I cannot not get her out of the cage. So what I’m trying to say is how do I get the burn lotion on her without her trying to bite me? And if so is the bite painful? And how do I deal with an angry chameleon?
Lol ? I have one like that. No, the bites don’t really hurt as much as stun you. I use sticks. I slowly approach and extend a stick to her while at the same time moving my other hand around behind her to coax her onto the stick. It may take a few tries. You want the stick to come at her from below and your hand a bit from above. Once on the stick, she may then choose to go onto your hand. If you have a veiled and the casque isn’t the burnt part, you can use that as a ‘handle’ to better control her. Having someone to help is ideal, but if not, I put mine down on the bed to give me a free hand to administer her med. Just never grab at her or you’ll not only really stress her out, but lose trust. My Grumpy one can be vicious if I ‘invade’ her home, but she trusts me to be just a foot or so away with her door open and for hand feeding.

Yeah if you can do the stick method like @MissSkittles recommended and get her out of the cage to treat her she may calm down a bit. They can be quite territorial of their space. So it can be more cage aggression because your in her space. Beman is extremely cage aggressive. He huffs, puffs, and gapes while climbing out on to my hand. Once I pull my hand out with him on it and I remove him from his cage area he is calm as can be.

Back
Top Bottom